Got my parents ready.. Log truck load

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyp2339

Minister of Fire
Feb 16, 2014
A friend of mine called me to ask if I wanted a log truck load of wood, I didn't need it but mom and dad did, they paid $500.00 and the load was delievered last week. Yesterday my dad and I went to town on the load. It was a perfect day for cutting wood, sunny, temps in the 60's. image.jpg 5-24-2015 207.JPG All in all the load probabaly yielded about 6.5 cords, My dad cut about a cord off the pile last week, we split that first before we cut the lengths to make more room to work.

Reactions: velvetfoot
That's a nice load and good for you to help them. Eay way to get a lot of BTU's in their driveway.

That's a lot of sawdust, right there. _g Good work!

Nicely done.

I'd buy a new saw to work those piles. I'm in central jersey by the shore. I think I'm going to start calling around to landscapers and tree services. I want to get a few years ahead before I get rid of my 1981 russo zero technology wood stove and get a new catalytic model.

Status
Not open for further replies.