Got my spring early buy info from my local dealer....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krooser

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2008
Waupaca, WI
www.rumblefest.net
$188.00/ton Uncle Jed's softwood

$189.00/ton Marth, La Crete softwood or the new Uncle Jed's Southern Hardwoods

$226/ton Western Elite Douglas Fir

$293/ton Uncle Jed's Douglas Fir (Bear Mountains bagged by the dealer)

Plus another $5.00/ton discount for cash.

new Uncle Jed’s Southern Hardwoods?

Sounds interesting. Wonder what pellet they bought in bulk to rebag? Info if you can get it please!

j-takeman said:
new Uncle Jed’s Southern Hardwoods?

Sounds interesting. Wonder what pellet they bought in bulk to rebag? Info if you can get it please!

Maybe SIH?

Those Jed's softwoods will be hard to beat at $188.00/ton.

I need a tons of pellets NOW for our showroom. Anyone know of a place that has them in stock around Madison so I don't have to make 15 phone calls.

got my early buy info at the beginning of the week.
I'm gonna commit to jeds softwoods and not piss around with that other stuff.

jtp10181 said:
I need a tons of pellets NOW for our showroom.
Anyone know of a place that has them in stock around Madison so I don't have to make 15 phone calls.

A stove dealer without pellets???

Krooser, where do you live? I would say to jump on those deals right now.

I been hearing that shipping companies are back at 10 day quotes due to the pricing of diesel fuel. Sounds good to me. I am just starting to work on my summer buy pricing. Remember cash is king and will save you. Credit cards cost the retailer money.

Eric

We don't sell pellets. We don't keep much inventory around of anything. I just need to find a ton to burn in the showroom displays. Suddenly there is only like 4 bags left. We also send one bag with new installs so the crew can test the stove if the homeowners do not have any pellets.

If I could get the Jed's softwoods in my area for that price, I would only be burning the Jed's. Jed's are $240 a ton in West Michigan. Looks like I will be burning mostly hardwood pellets next year due to price. Somerset for $178 a ton is the best deal I can find now in my area. Looks like your area of Wisconsin has alot better prices than most areas.

kinsman stoves said:
Krooser, where do you live? I would say to jump on those deals right now.

I been hearing that shipping companies are back at 10 day quotes due to the pricing of diesel fuel. Sounds good to me. I am just starting to work on my summer buy pricing. Remember cash is king and will save you. Credit cards cost the retailer money.

Eric

We are up in gods country. aka Wisconsin.
pellet prices don't flucuate that much here, execpt for the big boxes.

We got it good.

Xena said:
smoke show said:

We got it good.

Lucky bastards.

Ditto! and to top it off, They pay less for much better quality pellets. What we think is decent here is considered junk out there! >:-(

j-takeman said:
Xena said:
smoke show said:

We got it good.

Lucky bastards.

Ditto! and to top it off, They pay less for much better quality pellets. What we think is decent here is considered junk out there! >:-(

Don't forget what part of the country you live it. We pay higher prices and taxes on most everything for the "privilege" of living here, given to us by the state governments. We should be bowing down to them we're so lucky. >:-(

imacman said:
Don't forget what part of the country you live it. We pay higher prices and taxes on most everything for the "privilege" of living here, given to us by the state governments. We should be bowing down to them we're so lucky. >:-(

Hey, you bow if you want, I try to reduce payment to them any way I can.

krooser said:

I realize I'm late to the game, but are these prices still current? I came across this thread while searching for anyone in WI. Guess there are a few :)

longlivethejeep said:
krooser said:

I realize I'm late to the game, but are these prices still current? I came across this thread while searching for anyone in WI. Guess there are a few :)

Send Krooser a PM and ask him (He's one of the resident characters on the forum, and a very good guy!)....I would tend to think the prices probably have changed since that post, but you never know!

Those are early buy prices... you had until yesterday to pay for 'em or pick 'em up...I ordered two tons... picked up one ton.

I forgot to look at the current prices... I'll try to get that info asap...

longlivethejeep said:
And where was that at? What city?

Earth Sense Energy Systems in Dale, WI....

Hey Krooser! Any updates on ESES prices? Its getting to be that time of year again! Looking forward to the first burn of the season! :cheese: T-Cat

Didn't pay any attention.... I'll check again.

Status
Not open for further replies.