Got my Stoker

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sold my Breckwell BigE and bought a Leisure Line Pioneer. I love this stove. It keeps my whole house around 75 degree's or more if i need it too. The pellet would only really heat the kitchen.The bedroom and upstairs where only 58 degree's also now there in the 70's. I loved burning wood but it was to much work on my back and messy at times. With burning coal I'm getting all the btu's and with the coal trol its set it and forget it very efficient and alot cleaner.. Also my quadra fire insert and furnace will be in retirement this winter.

Attachments

• LL0003.jpg
    LL0003.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 235
  • LL0004.jpg
    LL0004.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 242
Congratulations, nice unit! I loved my stoker, just wasn't enough to heat the whole house, though. Plus I was tired of hauling cinders out of the house every day. Do you have a hard time getting the stoker going? Mine had no provision whatsoever for lighting, you had to build a fire on the feed ramp then pour coal over it once it was going. Used a lot of 6" long kindling and charcoal briquettes, which worked the best of anything. I also made a metal strip that would kind of "spring" and block the coal from falling off the ramp before it was burning.

Gibbonboy said:
Congratulations, nice unit! I loved my stoker, just wasn't enough to heat the whole house, though. Plus I was tired of hauling cinders out of the house every day. Do you have a hard time getting the stoker going? Mine had no provision whatsoever for lighting, you had to build a fire on the feed ramp then pour coal over it once it was going. Used a lot of 6" long kindling and charcoal briquettes, which worked the best of anything. I also made a metal strip that would kind of "spring" and block the coal from falling off the ramp before it was burning.

It was easy. I used one stater bag and a 1" metal ring that was provided and basically put some coal under it and over top of it and lit it. I than started the combustion blower which blows air through the feeder tray and from there i have it going in 10 minutes. Also leisure line has a automatic ignition system in production that is controlled by the coal trol unit. You just have to select it in the setup selection of the Coal Trol... If you scroll down there's a video listed. http://www.automationcorrect.com/index.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.