Got my stoves installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

frankie

Jun 12, 2012
Stroudsburg Pa.
Yesterday they came and installed the Harmon p61a in the livingroom. Very limited as to where it could go so it was put in the only place it could be. OAK was installed along with it. Piping had to go where it is but it is over the deck. The cap is 50 inches away from the deck.

Also had a used Accentra installed in the basement to keep it comfortable down there. Pics of that will follow.
stove2.jpgstove1.jpg

Nice looking inside, But I'd keep an eye on the outside. Maybe lay some pavers over the decking?

Keep us posted on how you like it and welcome to the pellet world.

Nice looking inside, But I'd keep an eye on the outside. Maybe lay some pavers over the decking?

Keep us posted on how you like it and welcome to the pellet world.

Thanks for the welcome. I was looking at a sheet of aluminum to put down.

That 3 inch horizontal cap will make a mess of your siding. You may want to extend it out 6 inches or so, that particular one likes to back draft through the breather holes

Thanks for the info. Is there a better cap to use?

Congrats on your new stoves. bet you can't wait till winter now;)

Status
Not open for further replies.