1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Got my wood hauler last night.

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Hogwildz, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hogwildz

Hogwildz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Next to nuke plant Berwick, PA.
    My Ranger is so grateful, but also a wussy next to the new dog in town!

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Roospike

Roospike New Member

Loc:
    Eastern Nebraska
    There ya go , that'll do it .

Is that a wood flat bed on the back ? Ya going to build it up to haul wood or maybe some add on side rails.

Killing two birds with one stone with that snow plow. Ya know now that you got that its going to quit snowing until next year.

Look-n good brother.

Attached Files:

3. Hogwildz

Loc:
    Steel dump body, I will most likey build the sides up at least a lil.
    Plow appears to need only the lift channel. Its worn through on one side of the bolt.
    Wish I had some square tubing & a welder. New is about $65.00, but like you said it prolly won't snow now.
    Its a beat up tank, but in decent shape.
  4. Harley

Harley Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ashfield, MA
    That'll get the snow moved.... depending on how bad the wood is to get - the plow frame can be a real PIA to get into some tight spots (I've gotten hung up with a plow frame a few times in the woods). That dump body will come in handy for the wood.

Now send that ladder rack back, and throw the ladder in the back of that puppy if you're going to do the install in Philly this weekend... people will move out of your way on the highway!!
  5. Hogwildz

Loc:
    I am a lil concerned with the plow frame also. Although without the weight of the plow, she sits pretty high. I'll just have to make sure the path is semi clear, and doze over anything else LOL. This beast will never see the highway. Not inspected, no tags etc. Strictly yard truck. I'll have to keep driving my too small, wussy Ranger.
    Wish I could plow, but the snow here is solid hard ice, it ain't moving till it melts.
  6. drbond

drbond New Member

Loc:
    Pen Argyl, PA
    Looks good Hog ! I just love my IH Scout II. I also have a plow frame on it, got it hung up a few times, but I throw chains on all four, keep her in 4L and keep the tractor near by to assist dragging. They are great plowing machines. Wish I had the dump body. I drag out the logs then cut them up for the splitter.

Bondo©
  7. DriftWood

DriftWood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Bluewater Area, Great Lakes
    Looks Good! Get your name and phone number on the door. " hauling and snow removal" to make some spare cash.
  8. oaksmoke2

oaksmoke2 Member

Loc:
    albuquerque, nm
    awsome binder, does it have the 392cid or 345? I'm an IH man myself. Have had several Scouts, curently a 79 diesel with 33k original miles. those ol' farmalls run forever. ihave an IH beer fridge in my garage, built in 1954 and still running ice cold.
  9. Hogwildz

Loc:
    345, still runs good though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.