Got Propane?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We had our tank filled in August at $1.89, and we also pre-bought an additional 300 gallons.

I no longer have propane. :)

But Ferrellgas called last week and said if I bought 200 gallons minimum they would fill my tank for $1.69.

Dad just filled his 320 for 1.38 when I built my house in 2010 it was 1.36!!

river filling a neighbors tank what it going for. $1.74 a gallon. No shortage this year thank goodness!
I no longer have propane. :)

But Ferrellgas called last week and said if I bought 200 gallons minimum they would fill my tank for $1.69.

Lucky you! I am down to just using it for cooking so it hardly matters what it costs because we use so little. But this thread still drives me crazy. My last delivery was $3.79! It is just crazy how much the cost of propane varies by region. Same is true for most fuels I guess, but propane is really crazy.

Yeah, propane for DHW, cooking and clothes dryer here. Averages out to about 10 gallons per month so the 330 gallon tank gets a fill every 24 months. Of course it happens in the summer months.

Lucky you! I am down to just using it for cooking so it hardly matters what it costs because we use so little. But this thread still drives me crazy. My last delivery was $3.79! It is just crazy how much the cost of propane varies by region. Same is true for most fuels I guess, but propane is really crazy.
Those prices are highway robbery! I know that for some reason LP is less expensive here in the upper Midwest. Electricity isn't too bad either from what some of been posting from the east. Do you have a small tank making it more expensive for small deliveries? I have a 500 gallon tank that I own but I wish I would have bought a 1000 gallon tank for the flexibility of it and it's a little cheaper to fill on per gallon. It's last me for years.

Yes, I only have an 80 gallon tank I think. They own the tank. But when I've called around in the past I was told that I'd only get a $0.10 discount if I owned it.

Energy prices are just higher here in the NE. This says average propane price is $3.30. That is the price I was going to get if I switched suppliers but instead I just went with a HPWH instead.

http://www.nh.gov/oep/energy/energy-nh/fuel-prices/index.htm

Yes, I only have an 80 gallon tank I think. They own the tank. But when I've called around in the past I was told that I'd only get a $0.10 discount if I owned it.

Energy prices are just higher here in the NE. This says average propane price is $3.30. That is the price I was going to get if I switched suppliers but instead I just went with a HPWH instead.

http://www.nh.gov/oep/energy/energy-nh/fuel-prices/index.htm
Well it is the time for LP spots prices to be high on top of the usually higher price in your area. Luckily it sounds like you won't use much of it.

Filled last week.

$1.69/ gallon with a leased tank.

Another supplier in area was $1.54 if you owned your tank.

gg

We had 300 gallons delivered last week that we pre-bought at $1.89. Current price was $1.94.

Filled last week, rented tank, small fill (<200 gal) and 1.39/gal.

I just use it for cooking and always have to pay an annual minimum to cover the tank lease. Last fill cost $70 for 12 gallons.

Say yes to Wisconsin, you got propane. Good prices too.

I'd take expensive propane and a state economy that's not in the crapper.

Agreed. The news media and government keep blurbing about our economic recovery. Haven't seen it here yet.
The dairy industry is the only thing that kept us afloat the last couple years but now that's taking a huge dive also. Not much planned for summer projects.
Hoping some of the few remaining millionaires around here decide to build a house because the people working in factories and retail sure can't afford to do so anymore.
Going to be an interesting year because I would bet many people thinking about alternative energy/heating are going to abandon the idea in the face of lower energy costs.

Just had my tank filled up (2/6/15). $4.26 a gallon !!!
Same price as 12/15/14 and I rent a tank from for $100 a year!!
I had phoned a number of propane suppliers in my area and all about the same price after I got the December bill.
I think they said restricted deliveries into New England were to blame.

Got my tank (not a rental) filled. A dollar and 40 cents is about where these prices should hover, anything else is bull. If nothing terrible happens, will get the next fill in 2017.

Propane-8161.jpg

$0.78/gallon here. I will not heat my water with wood this summer at these prices. I will save the wood for the time when prices go back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.