Got smoke

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beer Belly

Minister of Fire
Oct 26, 2011
Connecticut
Here's a clip of our Chimney after I just reloaded, and my neighbor who burns like this 90% of the time....his has been like this all day:eek: .....I'm tempted to talk to him about burn habits, but I know it won't go anywhere:rolleyes:

I have seen worse in my reloads.

Some people just don't want advice. A coworker of mine purchased a small EPA stove. He has had 5-6 fires in it and his glass is so dirty that you can't see the flame! The wood is great ( I sold it to him..my driest wood yet at 18-22%mc) but he simply smoulders the fire. Before purchasing the stove I showed him 2-3 manuals of various stoves which explain well EPA stove burning processes. And he likely used them as fire starters.lol

Invite your neighbour over sometime before a reload. load and chat while he is there. when the secondaries are rolling go outside and casually look up at your stack :)

Andrew

LOL. Noooo. His was the smoke dragon.
LIke my FIL's. He's like "I lit the stove this afternoon" and I think of saying "I know, I can see the smoke from here (1 mile away)" but instead I say "Really? Burn much wood this winter?".

A

Hmmm, I don't see smoke from yours, but your neighbor burns like one of my neighbors.
Poorly.
Yours was the first one....right?==c
Yup, mines the first one.....I'd say something to the neighbor, but just not on talking terms (dunno why ?)....when I do try to strike up a conversation, it's always one word answer...if any

Yup, mines the first one.....I'd say something to the neighbor, but just not on talking terms (dunno why ?)....when I do try to strike up a conversation, it's always one word answer...if any

That sucks! Is he just one of those "I hate the world" type of people or does this involve a war or something between houses??

My neighbors love me. I think it's because I do lots for them (help shovel the decks, lend my gas powered trimmer, cut the odd tree for them, etc).

That sucks! Is he just one of those "I hate the world" type of people or does this involve a war or something between houses??

My neighbors love me. I think it's because I do lots for them (help shovel the decks, lend my gas powered trimmer, cut the odd tree for them, etc).
Never a cross word between us. His Wife was yelling constantly at one of the kids in the pool a few years back, and my FIL said "whats wrong with that lady ?"....it just so happens that my buddy's daughter heard him say this, and mentioned it to the kid next door when she saw him in school....the next day, the mother came over to apologized for the constant yelling, and since then, there is barely a peep over there. They have a ugly bush with a tree growing in the middle along my driveway (they do not maintain the property), and I asked if I could trim it.....he said "I don't care what you do with it"....I said "can I cut it down ?"...he said "no !"....this thing is an eyesore, and it looks like it's on my property, when it's not<>

Well at least the yelling is done!!

LOL. I love those answers "Do what you want" "don't cut it down". Then don't tell someone they can do what they want!

I will pray for the winds to take the tree/bush down and not hurt anything or anyone lol

A

Reactions: Beer Belly
upwind or downwind?

Got my neighbor 3 lots down on board burning dry wood, but the new guy between us is currenty burning stuff as he splits it fom a pile of fresh rounds. <> Luckily he's downwind with a buffer lot between us. Intro and offer of drier wood got nowhere.

most of the time, the smoke is blowing at the windows
upwind or downwind?
He's down wind of us.....but the smoke from his stack goes right toward his bedroom windows:oops:

Is his stove in a garage?

Status
Not open for further replies.