Got Snow?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering, we live about 1 hour north of Edmonton Alberta, and we do not have any snow on the ground yet. Somewhat strange for us. So where do you live and do you have snow yet, do you usually have snow by this time of year?

You folks in Southern California (and such) need not apply. :coolmad:

We just got some snow yesterday....Only about an inch though so it isn't sticking around.

Our temps. have been unusually high and extremely dry. No moisture to speak of which is very unusual. Many of us here have had to water lawns, trees and shrubs....usually sprinkler systems here are shut down in the beginning of October.....

We live in the Denver metro area.

Snow started Sunday afternoon here in southeastern Wisconsin. The forecast is for 6+ inches of that heavy, wet variety. I wish we had a stove installed but it sounds like our current plumbing repairs are dipping into our stove money. Bummer...... We did get our wood tarped off before the storm so at least we have dry wood to burn in the fireplace. I know a stove is in our future - just don't know when that will be.

Shari

We're making up for all the snow that has not fallen everywhere else. The average depth right now is about 2 ft. I have lived here for 31 years and have never seen so much snow so early. There is no thaw in the forecast and snow is supposed to start falling again this afternoon. The Lake Erie snow belt is a rough place right now.

We've had snow for a couple of weeks but not a lot. Got 4" yesterday and more forecast in 2 days.

We recieved a nice little dusting overnight here on the Cumberland Plateau. You Northerners probably don't even consider this a snow, but it sure gets the kids excited. ;-)

Well, the ground is white right now with a messy mix of snow, sleet, and slush. Hopefully we'll get our first good snowstorm soon... .. after I sort out the snowblower issue.

We received about 4.5" yesterday and overnight.... Got in from clearing the driveway about 1 hour ago....Snow plow whent by about 10 min. ago. 8-/

Guess where I'm going now ?? Wifey needs to get to work. ;-)

We had a dusting for a few weeks, but got about 5" of the super heavy wet stuff last night. Glad I got a plow, I hate shoveling that heavy stuff. Branches are breaking everywhere!

We have a foot or so on the ground now. Been falling for a couple weeks. Temps have been mild though which is keeping the total accumulation low.

we got a dusting last night but it should melt off today as it is supposed to get above freezing :)

No snow here, but there usually isn't. Mt. Washington is supposed to open on Friday but I don't think they will have enough by then.

UPDATE: Got the end of the driveway cleaned out in time for the wifey to go to work.... ;-)

She made it about 2 miles down the road before she slid off the road and hit a tree,,, :gulp:

She is fine..and only a little damage to the tree..I mean car.. ;-P

Somehow this will end up my fault. :down:

2 in. here or less!

A paltry 4" the other day, the ski are isn't even open yet, usually by thanks Giving they're crankin'................

NitroDave said:
UPDATE: Got the end of the driveway cleaned out in time for the wifey to go to work.... ;-)

She made it about 2 miles down the road before she slid off the road and hit a tree,,, :gulp:

You did clear the driveway for her to leave ;)

We got a few inches last night on top of a little ice. School delayed today. I'll tell you. When I went to school, walking uphill
both ways through the blizzards...my kids weren't buying it either.

northwinds said:
We got a few inches last night on top of a little ice. School delayed today. I'll tell you. When I went to school, walking uphill
both ways through the blizzards...my kids weren't buying it either.

Yep- The older we get the longer and harder that old walk to school was.

NitroDave said:

Heh, "drive safe honey" is always a good CYA.

Oh, and got snow yesterday and today. I'd guess 4"-5" of heavy snow. Supposed to get more Wednesday.

We have had 70" so far. A record for November. Had to shovel house,office and generator building(all low pitched) roof off. Haven't had to shovel a roof in 10+years. Many barns and a few houses have collapsed. Have had a couple of days warm enough for metal roofs to slide off. Have plowed my drive more times already than all of last year. Snow on the ground has settled to 2' but snow on my wood inventory is 3'+. This is rediculous. Only ones grinnin' here are the ski resorts. I'M READY FOR SPRING!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.