Got some nice red oak today...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

southbound

Minister of Fire
May 26, 2008
mid south tn
Like the title says.............

My FIL called my wife last night and asked if I could run out there with the 64 he had some big stuff to cut...I was to bring the trailer as there was some stuff for me to take as firewood...

Well he had two big oaks one was about 28" at the stump the other 30"... Well I cut and he pushed with the John Deere and they both went with no trouble....

After that we walked the lot and it turn out almost all the timber is not worth the trip to the mill so I get it....

This was all I could haul in on trip today..

DSC03754.jpg

DSC03755.jpg

DSC03757.jpg

It is hard to tell how big this stuff is I know it's over 18" anyway...

Going back in the am with my dad and his truck gonna get all I can...

southbound said:
Like the title says.............

My FIL called my wife last night and asked if I could run out there with the 64 he had some big stuff to cut...I was to bring the trailer as there was some stuff for me to take as firewood...

Well he had two big oaks one was about 28" at the stump the other 30"... Well I cut and he pushed with the John Deere and they both went with no trouble....

After that we walked the lot and it turn out almost all the timber is not worth the trip to the mill so I get it....

This was all I could haul in on trip today..

DSC03754.jpg

DSC03755.jpg

DSC03757.jpg

It is hard to tell how big this stuff is I know it's over 18" anyway...

Going back in the am with my dad and his truck gonna get all I can...

Good stuff there!

southbound said:
there is so much more to come...

going to be 72 here Sunday the saws are ready and so am I..we will Finnish a big silver maple tomorrow and be on to the milling wood by Tuesday!

smokinjay said:
southbound said:

going to be 72 here Sunday the saws are ready and so am I..we will Finnish a big silver maple tomorrow and be on to the milling wood by Tuesday!

milling???????????????

It's all firewood round here....

I did 8 cords last winter most ever...So it's all firewood till that quota gets met anyway....

southbound said:
smokinjay said:
southbound said:

milling???????????????

It's all firewood round here....

I did 8 cords last winter most ever...So it's all firewood till that quota gets met anyway....

I am way ahead of you this year last year I was just getting a good start..I have 8 rows 21 ft long 18in. and should do # 9 Sunday. I need 10 cords stack. Have a boat load of big rounds out back that will be there till winter. This is my 4th season wood a wood burning furnace this is the best I have been ahead.

Southbound, that is some mighty good firewood. Good job.

Jay, I am not done stacking ours yet but if my body will take it I should finish this week. I'll post a picture then.

Made another on on the red oak today...

DSC03766.jpg

DSC03764.jpg

DSC03761.jpg

Even tho the logs are getting smaller I still have 8 or so to get...Then I will pick threw the tops...

Once seasoned, that will throw some nice btu's...Great score!!!

Backwoods Savage said:
Southbound, that is some mighty good firewood. Good job.

Jay, I am not done stacking ours yet but if my body will take it I should finish this week. I'll post a picture then.
Got one rowe to go and I am done stacking! WOO HOOOO

southbound said:
Made another on on the red oak today...

DSC03766.jpg

DSC03764.jpg

DSC03761.jpg

Even tho the logs are getting smaller I still have 8 or so to get...Then I will pick threw the tops...

Very Nice........

Got to go back in a few days...Still 8 or so logs to cut up and take home then I will go after the tops......

It has been in the upper 70's the past few days so It's hard for me to want to split this stuff......

southbound said:
Got to go back in a few days...Still 8 or so logs to cut up and take home then I will go after the tops......

It has been in the upper 70's the past few days so It's hard for me to want to split this stuff......

wait a couple days in will be in the upper 80's lol

Status
Not open for further replies.