Got some recognition this weekend

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chazcarr

Minister of Fire
Jan 22, 2012
Southbury, CT
I've helped a lot of people out in me neighborhood. Whenever there is a tree issue, people come looking for me to help them clean it up and save money. I never ask for anything (except free wood of course), but this weekend was the first time anyone ever thanked me.

It started last weekend when a huge branch fell in my neighbor's yard. It took out the power lines and started a small brush fire.
downtreewires.jpg

After the power crews fixed things up, and the insurance company took their photos I walked over and offered to buck it all up and take it. They are trying to sell, and had an open house in three days so of course they took me up on the offer. They thanked me a ton of times and helped me carry the logs next to my shed.

Two days later this was on my front porch:
IMG_2089.JPG
A case of Guinness and a thank you card. They both wrote separate thank you notes inside as well.
I never ask for these things, but they are always nice to receive.

Later on my daughter helped me stack some of the wood in my new pallet shed:
IMG_2090.JPG

You have to teach them early :)

NICE. Congrats. That's enough Guinness for a party.

Since you live up the hill from me, I will come over and HELP YOU with that beer.

Reactions: billb3
I've helped a lot of people out in me neighborhood. Whenever there is a tree issue, people come looking for me to help them clean it up and save money. I never ask for anything (except free wood of course), but this weekend was the first time anyone ever thanked me.

It started last weekend when a huge branch fell in my neighbor's yard. It took out the power lines and started a small brush fire.
View attachment 162128

After the power crews fixed things up, and the insurance company took their photos I walked over and offered to buck it all up and take it. They are trying to sell, and had an open house in three days so of course they took me up on the offer. They thanked me a ton of times and helped me carry the logs next to my shed.

Two days later this was on my front porch:
View attachment 162133
A case of Guinness and a thank you card. They both wrote separate thank you notes inside as well.
I never ask for these things, but they are always nice to receive.

Later on my daughter helped me stack some of the wood in my new pallet shed:
View attachment 162130

You have to teach them early :)

Sweet.....enjoy responsibly...hic

bob

Mmmmmmmm.... Guinness :) That was a great thank-you!

Love me a Guinness as well....
Real nice of you to help them out & Really nice of them to do that for you.
Great job! ! !

For me the wood would be reward enough . . . the little extra though is the proverbial icing on the cake. Karma in action!

Reactions: chazcarr
Since you live up the hill from me, I will come over and HELP YOU with that beer.

Yeah but it is a really big hill. I'm assuming your at the base of the Meriden-Waterbury Turnpike. Near the post office? I see someone down there usually with a sign up selling wood.
Is that you?

I had someone refuse to deliver me log length wood because they did not want to drive up that hill in their old truck.

No I live in Bristol by ESPN. I was thinking about Willis st.

Nice! Have any other pictures of your pallet shed?

Reactions: D8Chumley
Status
Not open for further replies.