Got some work done this weekend.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred Wright

Minister of Fire
Dec 26, 2013
Delaware
www.nwedj.com
Wasn't much but I'll take any progress over none at all. Not a bad day's work, considering the pigged up conditions in the woods. Can only load the cart part way. A break from torrential rains would help a lot.

Split Saturday, stacked today. That red oak splits and stacks some kinda nice. The red maple, not so much.

Was gonna head out for one last load yesterday evening but the tractor wouldn't start. Ignition coil crapped out. Ordered a new one, sure hopes it arrives before next weekend. I need to press on with my firewooding.

Attachments

• 100_619.jpg
    100_619.jpg
    371.5 KB · Views: 155
  • 100_621.jpg
    100_621.jpg
    400.8 KB · Views: 165
  • 100_623.jpg
    100_623.jpg
    431 KB · Views: 153
  • 100_624.jpg
    100_624.jpg
    398.4 KB · Views: 146
Nice.

My motto.....take what you can, when you can.

Gotta cut/split/and stack when you are able to. The weather doesn't always co-operate.

Reactions: Fred Wright
Wasn't much but I'll take any progress over none at all. Not a bad day's work, considering the pigged up conditions in the woods. Can only load the cart part way. A break from torrential rains would help a lot.

Split Saturday, stacked today. That red oak splits and stacks some kinda nice. The red maple, not so much.

Was gonna head out for one last load yesterday evening but the tractor wouldn't start. Ignition coil crapped out. Ordered a new one, sure hopes it arrives before next weekend. I need to press on with my firewooding.

My red maple splits like a champ. May have something to do with region, beats me

Reactions: Fred Wright
The main trunk rounds split nicely. I haven't been able to get to those yet, it's too muddy. This load is tops - limbs and crotches. Red maple limbs can grow in weird shapes. They split well but don't stack very pretty. :)

Reactions: Rebelduckman
Status
Not open for further replies.