Got some work to do

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireAnt

Minister of Fire
Dec 18, 2009
Central CT
To be split
Mix of Sugar, Norway, Silver Maple, Ash and Tulip. Pile of Ash in the second pic.

Attachments

• splitting.jpg
    splitting.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 456
  • ash.jpg
    ash.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 464
Almost a cord of Shag bark. Big pile waiting to be stacked behind the Hickory with the blue tarp over it.

Attachments

• shag.jpg
    shag.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 446
Looks like you have some work ahead of you FireAnt. It does look like a good place to work, maul or hydraulics?

Nice mixture of wood.

zap

TB 27 ton. My parents have an acre behind their house. Perfect place to work. 850 acres of the Ragged Mountain reserve is right next to it. I just got done working on half of a storm damaged Silver. I will get to the other half later this week. I have a lot more wood sitting in different areas to get to...

FireAnt said:
TB 27 ton. My parents have an acre behind their house. Perfect place to work. 850 acres of the Ragged Mountain reserve is right next to it. I just got done working on half of a storm damaged Silver. I will get to the other half later this week. I have a lot more wood sitting in different areas to get to...

Never enough wood, nice work.

zap

To the right of my truck is a 70' 44" trunk from a Cottonwood we had cut down. Little wood there to...

Lots of leaves still on the trees, Nice picture
Looks like you got a good start.
Getting it split & staked up on pallets will be good exercise & make for better fire wood.
Have fun.

Dave, I noticed all those leaves too. Looks odd now.

Those stacks talk to you: "Good one." Great mix.

Still waiting for the big fall leaf-drop down here too.

Yeah guys... leaves are still on everywhere... Where are you in CT John?

This wood should finally get me ahead. I have wood already stacked behind where the pics were taken this is the new stuff.

You should see the Oaks up at that red house. That guy lost some huge limbs. Just missed his house. Probably 44+"s

FireAnt said:
You should see the Oaks up at that red house. That guy lost some huge limbs. Just missed his house. Probably 44+"s

Lucky, many folks had house damage.
Did you get the wood or is he a wood burner?

He keeps it...I think he burns his fireplace. I want to tackle some trunks he has laying out in the woods with the 460 just for practice.

BTW I meant 44 on the trunk. Limbs are around 18+

Looks good fireant. Thanks for sharing the pics. Looks like nice temperatures to work in there with that white stuff on the ground. Enjoy. How much wood have you burned so far this year?

Thanks Gasifier. Maybe a face cord?? It was 72* out today. Nice to work in.

FireAnt said:
It was 72* out today. Nice to work in.

Isn't that above norm temps?
That's my house temp.
4°f right now outside, below zero night tonight here.

FireAnt said:
Thanks Gasifier. Maybe a face cord?? It was 72* out today. Nice to work in.

72! Holy sh!t. I was thinking it would be nice to work in that 30 ish temperatures when I saw the snow on the ground. Suppose to be high 60s here tommorrow. Should be nice. I have to split some more wood though. Will work up a good sweat doing that. The maul and the wedges will be making some noise. Later.

That pic was from a week ago after the storm. I have been slow with the camera...I wish it was 30's or 40's still.

Status
Not open for further replies.