Got stove going & merry Xmas all

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coronacross

Nov 18, 2013
Ohio (BUCKEYE COUNTRY )
Ok I finally got my stove up and going, had alot of delays and changed pipe twice, then had to wait a week and a half for ice to melt off steep roof. Have up on menards and there pipe. Went to old stove shop and old time just laughed!! He set me up with all I needed. I climbed the roof installed it and poof works like a dream! I love this heat. I ran stove adapter to a 4in tee w/clean out. Then flex adapter. Vertical run through chimeney 26.5ft into top cap with rain guard . Cost me two pair of jeans and a nice carhart jacket (silicone-roof cement) but I got it!! Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions. Merry xmas

Good to hear, A lot of that part of the country is cold and without electricity.

I'm trying to figure this part out lol. Is it upload a file? Be happy to send.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 126
Looks warm. Probably needs a hearth pad extension to keep floor safe etc. Like to keep members from getting into trouble:)

Reactions: Lake Girl
It's on brick?? Only front legs are touching hardwood floor. Dosnt feel hot? But I respect ur advice and will let u make call . Will send side view so u can inform me. And THNK u for being concerned.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 109
I do have another question, can someone please help me in adjusting my air? I'm on high in feed rate and fan. However I get a huge white flame and all is good, it burns this way for 45sec- to 2mins. Then dies down a tad then up a little, then back to what I want!! Do I need more air or less??? Plz advise

It's on brick?? Only front legs are touching hardwood floor. Dosnt feel hot? But I respect ur advice and will let u make call . Will send side view so u can inform me. And THNK u for being concerned.
Stove manual should say how far the protection should extend in front of the stove. Usually a minimum of 6 inches to combustible surface. I dont recognize the stove make and model so I can't download a manual for reference.

Page 14 recommends 6 inches minimum of non combustible surface to the front of the stove. General manual for Pelpro stoves.

Most forum members put their stove information in their signature lines so providing help with stove function, etc. is more easily provided. So, what stove do you have?

Edit: I see it now....

With the warm spell here the risk of fires is going to down. Stoves are like cars, most accidents happen in the first month or so. A little caution helps all.

Status
Not open for further replies.