Got the big oak split up.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsmaster

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2010
N.W. Ohio
Finally got the big oak all split up. Have around 2 1/2 cord on pallets out back and I'll guess 4 or 5 cord
in the pile to move and stack yet. Lots of wood for just one tree ! Also lots of work.

Attachments

• sept-dec13-2011 128.jpg
    sept-dec13-2011 128.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 175
  • 100_6220.JPG
    100_6220.JPG
    172.5 KB · Views: 205
  • 100_6221.JPG
    100_6221.JPG
    209 KB · Views: 171
  • 100_6229.JPG
    100_6229.JPG
    209.9 KB · Views: 159
  • 100_6237.JPG
    100_6237.JPG
    215.6 KB · Views: 162
Reactions: quads and smokinj
Wow !!!....thats one big pile of wood !!!

Excellent! You gotta love it when one tree yields enough fuel to heat your house for a whole year!

It is great to get so much wood from only one tree but it also takes a big saw to do it. Glad you got that thing all cut and split.

Wow! Regarding picture #2, if you don't stack by winter, you should consider installing a chair lift.

Reactions: ScotO
It is great to get so much wood from only one tree but it also takes a big saw to do it. Glad you got that thing all cut and split.

Believe me, I'm glad to have it done. Yes it takes a big saw and a big spliter. It had a lot of curl in it.

Looks good , I,m still working on one like that.
Pictures or it didn't happen. I worked on that one on and off since fall. More off than on during the cold.

Wow! Regarding picture #2, if you don't stack by winter, you should consider installing a chair lift.

I'll have it stacked by summer, but it's my 2013 -14 wood if it's dry by then. Now it's time to start on my 2012 -2013 wood. I have about half that bucked. Luckly the 12 -13 wood is dead ash so it's allready about dry.

Man that was one big oak tree! My back hurts just looking at those pics I know how heavy those rounds can be lol.. Keep up the good work!

Ray

Man that was one big oak tree! My back hurts just looking at those pics I know how heavy those rounds can be lol.. Keep up the good work!

Ray
Yes very heavy, we cut the big rounds into quarters and I still had a hard time moving them by myself. My back allways hurts at the end of the day. Just a part of life I guess.

Reactions: ScotO
Wow! That's awesome! Tough tree to work though - my back is getting angrier and angrier with my lifting of large, heavy rounds. Cheers!

I suppose I should buy a back brace and use it when lifting.

I suppose I should buy a back brace and use it when lifting.
It certainly wouldn't hurt. I myself am going to start wearing a lifting brace when I do the splitter work and when I load/unload the truck/trailer. That's a good idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.