Got the call VC Dutchwest Inbound!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tendencies

Aug 29, 2006
NW Wisc
Dealer called this morning and left a message that the new and improved insert could be delivered to my house this thursday if I was going to be able to be there to let them in, She said they were going to the main place they get them from 2mro to fully inspect the unit both for proper welds and bottom support prior to delivering and setting it up here at my house. I'm gonna return her call in the morning and see what time they can come. I'll take pic's as it comes off the truck till it's got a break in fire in it and keep you all informed!

T

Things look good for you, my dealer is still on vacation so I'm playing the waiting game.

Tend that's great news you know your original post brought attention for the need for additional supports which I'm told from now on will be added.
With all the CFM /Vc bashing that took place they responed as well or better than most manufactures have to satisfy their customers

Where is the lynch mob when Firebug and jejennings are having their problems with Jotul and Harman. Or the lynch mob appear when VC is involved
and all other manufactures get a free pass? Each of these members would be quite happy with simmilar Manufacturer response,.

Firebug if the parts are not available from Jotul then, why are they not replacing your stove?

Same to jejennings IF it can't be fixed ,then why are they not replacing it?

Never got a reply at all from the Manufacturer them selves, nor did they ever e-mail/call me or actually make a post here, only from the dealer as they have been my only contact source and the help from Elk and you all. Did get a copy of my consumer report complaint yesterday in the mail, so at least it's on the books if others have problems.. Of course it 17 degree's this morning with a couple of inches of frozen stuff on the ground so the oil burners been screaming all night..... I want my wood stove!!!!!! lol

T

Good to see your dealer is going to take care of you tendencies, I hope wxman get's the same.

Glad to see that they stepped up and are taking care of things. I sure hope that xman gets taken care of also.

THanks for all the wishful thinking, Good to know the mob is ready in case I need it :)

Just my 2 cents, but I agree with Elk, why all the outcry and step by step outline for legal action when VC is involved? It would be nice to see ANY problem handled the same way for all products. But hey I'm just the new guy.

BTW congrats on the new VC.

elkimmeg said:
Tend that's great news you know your original post brought attention for the need for additional supports which I'm told from now on will be added.
With all the CFM /Vc bashing that took place they responed as well or better than most manufactures have to satisfy their customers

Where is the lynch mob when Firebug and jejennings are having their problems with Jotul and Harman. Or the lynch mob appear when VC is involved
and all other manufactures get a free pass? Each of these members would be quite happy with simmilar Manufacturer response,.

Firebug if the parts are not available from Jotul then, why are they not replacing your stove?

Same to jejennings IF it can't be fixed ,then why are they not replacing it?

I see that we have sum vc loyalist in this group ,I for one like vc technology , but have a hard time trusting them, after all the bad revues i have seen on this web site .

alfio said:
I see that we have sum vc loyalist in this group ,I for one like vc technology , but have a hard time trusting them, after all the bad revues i have seen on this web site .

They are, for the most part, good products. I just fired up my new Hearthstone Heritage last night after a month of no buring, and was lamenting the loss of a VC stove from my house. It is unfortunate for me...with my limited experience, I still think the DW catalytic stove is about the best you can get. Easy to operate, dependable, good looking, and very user-friendly controls and features. For example, the ash pan on my Herthstone is about worthless, and you have to be able to bench press 350 lb. to get the ash pan door closed. Good looking and easy to operate, but little annoying things I never had to deal with on my DW. Everburn itself is a different story, though.

I believe VC does make qualitystoves,I'd wager many of the bad reviews could be traced to operator error,misuse,or substandard installations.I burned a few cords through a 96 dutchwest large cat. without regret.I do however feel they are overpriced-you can't buy a new flat-black Defiant here for $2850 plus taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.