1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Got the cherry before mother nature stopped me !

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by Pallet Pete, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

I cut up a cherry that was tipped over today there was a small ash tree as well that is mixed in but the load was 90% cherry. :) I love cherry it has become more rare around me and hard to find so it made it a great day. Right when I got the truck unloaded the snow and sleet started up so I threw some tarps over the top and some heavy rounds to hold them for now. Overall perfect timing and a beautiful morning to cut.

Pete

Attached Files:

PA Fire Bug, milleo, Thistle and 5 others like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    Nice score.
    You''ll have time to get it split, snow & sleet is not outside work weather.
  3. basod

basod Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mount Cheaha Alabama
    Looks good pete
    That extra "ballast" would probably get the S-10 moving ok in the slippery stuff
  4. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

That whole fence line is my split pile I am adding to it as I can then lter this winter I will go split crazy and move it to the bins and back ditch pallet line. I hate splitting in the sleet !

Pete
  5. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

Usually in the winter the truck gets a small load for wait and that helps tremendously with the icy snowy roads. The little 2 wheel guy can get into some nasty weather as long as its weighted if not well its all over the place. <>

Pete
  6. Gasifier

Gasifier Minister of Fire

Loc:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
    Nice work Pete. Good timing. That will be nice BTUs.
  7. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

Thanks Gasifier ;ex I had to take it today because the wether is calling for rain <> and it was on some soft ground. It worked out great though.

Pete
  8. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

Nice job getting it before the storm Pete, we love the Cherry for firewood.

zap
    Backwoods Savage and Pallet Pete like this.
  9. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

There is a story behind that tree too ! It was on a peice of land that was part of my grandfathers orchard back in the 1950's and one of the last trees to survive to today. My parents live next to the old orchard and there are a few apple trees left but thats over 80 acres that have been bought and forgotten about. The owner purchased the land years ago and just let it go wild which is not bad except the apple and cherry trees where strangled out over the years. I think I need to make a table or bench out of some of the tree.

Pete
  10. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Glad you found some cherry Pete as I know you wanted some. The storm turned out to be not much...which is typical. When I saw the forecast this morning I looked at the national radar and told my wife we would be lucky to even get 1/2". Once more the forecasters goof....
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  11. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

It snowed hard here for about an hour but nothing stuck it melted fairly quick then turned to sleet again and went for another hour or so. I am glad to see the white stuff this year !

Pete