got the harman p61 up and running and i LOVE IT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ad356

Dec 25, 2009
north java, ny
what an awesome stove, it is extremely quiet, burns less pellets, and provides more heat than my us stove 5510. i cannot believe how efficeint this stove is. it appears to extract every little bit of heat out of every pellet. its currently mild outside, outside temp is in the lower 40's and this stove is barely running its set on #2 lbs per hour of pellet and im sure its not even burning that. the fan kicks on for a couple of minutes and then the stove kicks itself back down. anyways what a nice heating, well built stove. i dont think my other stove was making best use of the pellets but the harman certainlly does. its also nice that im going to have to clean out the stove approx only once per ton. my other stove required cleaning once per week or more. everytime i shut the old stove down i would have a cold house until i had it back up and running again. once per ton to empty the ash pan and a full cleaning every 2-5 tons means that i dont have to shut this unit down very much. the harman is an amazing product and im thrilled with it. i think they are the best pellet stove in the industry and im sure their other products are great too, im sure they make awesome coal and cord wood units as well.

Just think how many fewer pellets you'd use if the stove could start itself when needed and stop completely when not ;)

I kid!

Congrats. Hope you get many years of warmth! I love my Harman.

Congrats on the new stove Harman makes quality products. I clean mine about every 2 weeks or so it takes less than an hour. I've let it go longer after 1+ ton , but then it took longer to clean. It's a trade off, but. for me I found that keeping the ash off the heat exchanger is most effective. Experiment and see what works best for you . Enjoy & have fun.

Glad it's up and running and working well for you. I am happy with my Harman too.

ad356 said:
what an awesome stove, it is extremely quiet, burns less pellets, and provides more heat than my us stove 5510. i cannot believe how efficeint this stove is. it appears to extract every little bit of heat out of every pellet. its currently mild outside, outside temp is in the lower 40's and this stove is barely running its set on #2 lbs per hour of pellet and im sure its not even burning that. the fan kicks on for a couple of minutes and then the stove kicks itself back down. anyways what a nice heating, well built stove. i dont think my other stove was making best use of the pellets but the harman certainlly does. its also nice that im going to have to clean out the stove approx only once per ton. my other stove required cleaning once per week or more. everytime i shut the old stove down i would have a cold house until i had it back up and running again. once per ton to empty the ash pan and a full cleaning every 2-5 tons means that i dont have to shut this unit down very much. the harman is an amazing product and im thrilled with it. i think they are the best pellet stove in the industry and im sure their other products are great too, im sure they make awesome coal and cord wood units as well.

If I may advise you here,(I have a P61A) don't wait until 2-5 tons to do a full cleaning. The P61 is a breeze to clean and can be done on a regular basis in under an hour. I prefer to do it more often and it makes it much less of a job than waiting for it to build up to the point of being a hassle. Keep the burnpot clean including the hard creosote near the igniter and you will be very happy for many years with your Harman. Enjoy!

Contratulations, enjoy!

Not sure if the heat exchanger design is the same as the XXV, but a quick brush down of the interior and a good pot scraping will keep the stove running at peak efficiency. Do this once a week. Takes 30 minutes or less. Run the stove on test mode to keep the comb blower running while you are wiping down the walls. Keeps the soot out of your house. :)

PS - Ignitors are for sissies. ;-)

Congratulations. And the Pics are where??? Pics.... Or it never happened.

Also some pics of the USSC in its new location would be nice too ;-P

lbcynya said:
PS - Ignitors are for sissies. ;-)

I like leaving my house occasionally...
sometimes even for more than 18 hours!

...and when I do, it's nice to be able to turn back the thermostat and know my house won't freeze up because I ran out of pellets!

Having a furnace as a backup is for sissies! :)

Congratulations. And the Pics or it never happened! Gives you a chance to show it off to us! ;-)

Enjoy the warmth.

Congrats on the P61A! I would like to see your setup too! I assume that you are running in Room temp? I am starting to figure out room temp right now. I hung the temp probe about eye level on the door jamb next to the stove. Seems to be an accurate reading for now until I can splurge on a wireless thermostat like some people have on here.

Echoing some of the other post, I would clean it a lot more often. I clean the glass and burnpot weekly and the heat exchanger and vacuum under the burn pot every other week and the exhaust blower fan monthly when I empty the ashes. It really makes a noticeable difference keeping the heat exchanger free of ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.