Got the old rust bucket up and running...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cammee

Nov 13, 2008
northern indiana
Got it all installed and running, working great, keeps the house at 70 unless we really fire it up then it will run ya out of the room.
Look's like a brand new stove now. Got a cord of wood put back for winter and have an endless supply from a local tree trimmer.

Attachments

• stove.JPG
    stove.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 773
Looks new! Great job

It looks real nice.

If it was mine, I would check and assure that the minimum required distances to all surrounding combustibles i.e. fuel wood, walls, carpets, etc. were fully met.

Enjoy your stove and burn wisely!

I love an old stove brought back to it's former glory. It looks like a "top shelf" job. Congrats
Joe

Thanks guys. it sure brings back memories of when I was a kid.

Valhalla,
My husband is a fireman so we made sure everything was up to code and then some. The picture doesn't show the clearances very well but they are all a good distance away from the stove.

Now I have to just get this wood splitting thing down, just got word that the Hubby is deploying to Iraq in Jan. I'll be on my own with this thing, he has been letting me do most of the work with it so he can be sure I know what I'm doing, it sure is a lot of hard work to get the wood ready to burn, but so worth it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.