Got the seasoning racks set up and trying to get ahead!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JRitz187

Oct 23, 2014
New Hampshire
I just got into wood burning last year when I got my cabin and built the rack on my porch immediately and it could only hold a cord about what I go through in the winter. So this spring I finally got some rack space to get green wood to season and burn in winter 2016, as well as a cord of pine for the pit, the neighbor also came through and got a pallet of cut ends from the mill! The fire pit eats those up. This was the 3 cords stacked this weekend, much help form my dad as well. Looking forward to having some good dry wood come 2016 and being able to keep that cycle going!

IMG_2370.JPG IMG_2376.JPG IMG_2381.JPG IMG_2382.JPG IMG_2383.JPG IMG_2384.JPG

Good work! :cool: I'm going after a Cherry scrounge today since it's nice and cool out. I've been burning mostly Pine in the fire pit; Makes for some lively flames.

I bought them on sale at tractor supply in Dec for $25/each or something like that 4' x 8' and seem quite sturdy for store bought. I planned on building my own like the one I have on the porch, but for the price I figured I'd try them out. 2 are a little shy of a full 128 CF cord. I have a tie down across the top to keep it from bowing out and seems to be working well.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/redstonetrade;-log-rack-8-ft

Status
Not open for further replies.