1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Got the shed up!

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by Pagey, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pagey

Pagey Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Middle TN
    With the help of dad and a friend, who both have enough carpentry skills to be dangerous (as opposed to my total lack of skills), the shed is almost finished! We have to block off one more bird rafter, put down one piece of tin, and then shore up with a few braces. But she's ready for wood now!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana
    Nice, no problem with wood in your area!
  3. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Thanks for posting . . . a plethora of shed photos . . . which is very handy for me since I'm printing them and then taking the various design aspects to incorporate into my own shed (which I hope to build this Spring.) Thanks again for posting.
  4. Pagey

Pagey Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Middle TN
    No, not at all. I'm in the woods, and I have access to both an 80 acre farm (dad's mom) and a 165 acre farm (mom's brother). Also, a lot of loggers will let you cut tops when they've finished up. Just have to get some curing for next year now! I'm stoked!
  5. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
  6. Pagey

Pagey Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Middle TN
    The rear posts are 30" deep, and I think the front are around 24" deep. We just tamped the dirt back in around them - no concrete for this build. We were on the roof all day yesterday, and it was stable, so I hope it holds up well. I "stole" the design from here, so it could have been yours! :p
  7. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    That sounds pretty sturdy to me! If you used some of my ideas that's awesome too(just don't blame me if the roof caves in lol).. That's what makes this forum so great.. Lots of interesting people with great ideas willing to share..

Ray
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.