Got the stove on .... and a window open!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krooser

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2008
Waupaca, WI
www.rumblefest.net
Sounds goofy... but it's in the mid-40's right now and it's 80F in the house. I like my stove too much to shut it down... don't have my t-stat hooked up (yet!) and my ignitor is kaput...

Soooo...... I cracked the window open about 8-10". My new windows and wall insulation (newly remodeled in Feb.) have really tightened up the old barn I live it so it should be a nice, toasty winter.

Bravo...

north of 60 said:
I can hear the pellets falling out that open window now. :lol:
Enjoy that warm house.

My second night heating in my new living room... we converted our duplex into a single family. Now I have a big hole in the ceiling where the new steps take you to the second floor.

My mother-in-law stays with us now until the end of October when she goes to Florida for the winter. We moved the stove from our porch, next to the kitchen, to the living room so the stove can help heat the second floor... it will be interesting to see how it works this winter.

We may burn more than our usual 3+ tons... who knows?

Reminds me of my wood stove days, sitting in a 80-90+ degree room.....YUCK!!, i have neither a Tstat nor a Igniter, just keep it on the lowest setting

The stove did a good job of keeping the frost off Grandma's pumpkin last night...

Status
Not open for further replies.