got the stove running! :)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfarm

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2012
wisconsin
We still aren't really sure what the problem was. I do think an auger jam was part of it, but don't know why the stove went out in the 1st place and filled the burn pot with unburned pellets.

It was slow to ignite, but that could be the new hardwood pellets we are using for a shoulder pellet. They seem just as hot as the others.

We did some annual maintence on the stove today also.

unhooked it from vent.

took out the room fan and cleaned that, lubed it and sprayed the fins with grafite spray - the one photo is of 2 of our dogs supervising the Mr putting the fan back in.

put antisieze on the versa grate parts.

I cut the ends off the vacuum hose and reattached with new zip ties. I stuck a wire in the stove end of the nubber that the hose connects to so I could make sure that wasn't blocked.

made sure the OAK vent was set correctly.

checked all the electrical connections.

we got the auger unjammed by slowly turning the auger cam with a vice grips and getting all the pellets out of it. checked the set screw.

I did the dollar bill test on the door gasket and it does pull out quite easily so I think we will replace that this year. the ash pan gasket was fine.

rehooked up the thermostat and put the cover back on the control board - did not have to replace the fuse.

cut a new gasket for between the stove and the vent.

rehooked everything and held our breaths! and low and behold - FIRE!!!!! will have to keep an eye on it to make sure it keeps working on auto.

DSC00271.JPGDSC00273.JPGDSC00280.JPGDSC00283.JPGDSC00285.JPG

NIce job, thinx you earned afew brewskis!

Love the help you had! I think they were saying come on dad, hurry up its getting cold! ::-)

.....I did the dollar bill test on the door gasket and it does pull out quite easily so I think we will replace that this year.......

Methinks you should get that done ASAP BEFORE the real heating season starts.

BTW, LOVE the "helpers".....woof!

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
Status
Not open for further replies.