Got this wood yesterday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timusp40

Feeling the Heat
Feb 3, 2010
Lake Orion, Michigan
I could not pass this up. Some nice oak and only 5 miles from home. Tree service company said take it. Home owner wants it gone! The sad thing (to me anyhow) is that they had already chipped up the limbs some of which were plenty big enough for firewood.

Attachments

• DSCF2959.jpg
    DSCF2959.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 499
good score and close to home,can't beat that! wish we still had some snow on the ground, nothing but mud again

timusp40 said:
I could not pass this up. Some nice oak and only 5 miles from home. Tree service company said take it. Home owner wants it gone! The sad thing (to me anyhow) is that they had already chipped up the limbs some of which were plenty big enough for firewood.

Nice catch! Money in the bank.

Pete

Can't beat that with a stick.......unless of course your stick has a maul head on it.

gotta love the free oak......makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.... ;-P

Nice catch of rounds. They look straight-grained and knot free in the pic. Makes for easier splittin'. Oak is our favorite wood.

Gark said:
Nice catch of rounds. They look straight-grained and knot free in the pic. Makes for easier splittin'. Oak is our favorite wood.
Red may be a little easier to split but I'll do the extra work for White, any day. :cheese: Nice get!

Nice, was it already cut into rounds for you?

I wish I could find a scrounge like that out here. I'm needing two more truck loads of wood to finish 2013-2014. Patience is a virtue, I don't have very well.

weatherguy said:
Yup,
I didn't even have to start my saw! Split every bit of it with a X27

Woody Stover said:
Gark said:
Red may be a little easier to split but I'll do the extra work for White, any day. :cheese: Nice get!

Woody Stover,
Since I'm still splitting by hand, getting a knot free load like this is a dream come true.

Stax said:
All oak? I think I see some silver maple.
Stax,
Good eye! I should have said Oak and Maple.

oldspark said:
timusp40 said:
weatherguy said:
Yup,
I didn't even have to start my saw! Split every bit of it with a X27
Cheater.

AW shucks Old Spark. I just got lucky on this scrounge. Next time will probably be different. Sure will burn nice in a couple of years though!

Yes you did get lucky and its always better to be lucky than good. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.