Got to brag?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingcow

Minister of Fire
Jun 4, 2008
northern-half of maine
I've got to go see it first, but by all accounts its in good condition. I just bought a HS Tarm solo plus 60kw unit for $1700.00. This was put in service in '05 and hasn't been used for the last two winters. The gentleman selling it bought the building two yrs ago and wasn't on site all the time to burn wood. It's basically a 2 unit/total 4000 sq/ft building. He just wants it out of the way. I've been looking for a boiler for my truck garage and was just fishing the net as a hobby. Had serious plans on buying a Garn Jr. or another Tarm setup like I have now. The 60kw is a bit big, but will try to set up at least 1000gals of storage, prefer closer to 2000 gals. Time will tell.

Glad to hear of your good fortune! that one should heat both barn and house and you could sell your 30 to me.

Reactions: flyingcow
Nice score. Hope it works out.

Nice score. I'm in the process of setting up an eko 60 and 2,000 gallons. I'll have it valved in a way that I could isolate it down to 1,000 gallons. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all turns out. This is all new to me, not many gassifiers out by me. I hope I'm paving the way for others in the area. I'm surrounded by outdoor wood boilers.

Reactions: flyingcow
Status
Not open for further replies.