Gotta enjoy fires outside while one can. NE BBQ Chicken.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just cooked i large pig over the weekend over charcoal and hard wood with mixed results. will keep trying till i perfect the technique. Next time ill try more charcoal and less wood.
Kind of charred the skin,think it was the wood

This is the Cornell Chicken Recipe. (google it!) Invented by a professor at Cornell University in NY!

Pen, I have to say, I was skeptical based on the ingredients. It was really, really good. I've never tasted anything like it. I added 1 Tablespoon of Mayo into it and mixed it up. Each thigh was basted before flipping. I cooked them over oak and hardwood lump charcoal until lightly browned. It was a perfect meal to end the labor day weekend.

We will have this again soon. Thanks for the recipe.

IMG_1215.JPG

IMG_1220.JPG

Reactions: pen

Uh Hoss......... I don't think you're supposed to burn old tires.
Chicken looks great guys. Thanks Pen. A C

Pen, I have to say, I was skeptical based on the ingredients. It was really, really good. I've never tasted anything like it. I added 1 Tablespoon of Mayo into it and mixed it up. Each thigh was basted before flipping. I cooked them over oak and hardwood lump charcoal until lightly browned. It was a perfect meal to end the labor day weekend.

We will have this again soon. Thanks for the recipe.

View attachment 73128

View attachment 73129

Glad it turned out! Looks like you went skinless. For as much as I've eaten this chicken in my life, I've never tried skinless (as unhealthy as it is, it's the best part when done right). But, since thighs soak in that sauce so well, I need to give that a go. Bet that little mayo you used helped since they were skinless. Did you use the mayo in place of the egg? Good idea. Thanks

pen

This is the Cornell Chicken Recipe. (google it!) Invented by a professor at Cornell University in NY!
Just looked it up. The ingredients for the recipe I found are the same but slightly different quantities.

Makes sense, Great Gram was from Lansing, New York, just a few miles north of the University.

pen

Glad it turned out! Looks like you went skinless. For as much as I've eaten this chicken in my life, I've never tried skinless (as unhealthy as it is, it's the best part when done right). But, since thighs soak in that sauce so well, I need to give that a go. Bet that little mayo you used helped since they were skinless. Did you use the mayo in place of the egg? Good idea. Thanks

pen

Skinless and boneless. I halved the recipe, but kept the egg at full. 1 Tblsp of mayo added. The outside turned a little brown and crispy though. I really thought the cider vinegar would be overpowering, but it was not. It has earned a spot in the recipe basket here.

Status
Not open for further replies.