Gotta lil Easter splitting time in.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swagler85

Minister of Fire
Mar 4, 2012
NE Ohio
seansellsohio.com
Had a great time at church and with the family today. Then went out spitting with the fiskars while the kiddos slept. Ash and maple almost done splitting, cherry will be next.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364761427.422809.jpg

Some of the rounds look like targets. That ash?
Nice day for splitting.
Good day here too. 44° & sunny. :)

Reactions: chvymn99
Some of the rounds look like targets. That ash?
Nice day for splitting.
Good day here too. 44° & sunny. :)
Yeah that's ash, was standing dead from the borer

I was gonna fire up the 460 but the wife thought it might be a buzz kill at the family gathering. ;)

Reactions: swagler85
Ha, you weren't alone.
Even though my back felt bad all week, I figured a few minutes at the woodpile before putting the tarps on would not hurt. And after a little splittin' today after church and before dinner, it felt better.
I put it down to getting the blood flowing again.

I looked at the saw, though, and said I think you'll have to wait. The Fiskars gets it's job done a lot more quietly by comparison.

<snoring dog 2 nite — musta had too much dinnah<

Nice, I also cut and split a pile (using the fiskars). My loving wife stacked a face cord for me.....gotta love that!

Reactions: swagler85
Status
Not open for further replies.