Gotta new Echo 450p 18"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crappie cat

Jan 6, 2009
So Ill
no reviews found. any comments good or bad appreciated.

Echo makes very good saws I love my cs-310 it is a wood shark ! Have you used your saw yet ?

Pete

Echo makes very good saws I love my cs-310 it is a wood shark ! Have you used your saw yet ?

Pete

Ditto. Echo makes very good saws. Some of the Stihl and Husky fans bad mouth the Echos while ignoring the fact that both of the other companies make low end "homeowner" models, which Echo does not do.

I have had a CS-520 for years, recently picked up a s CS-310 that I returned for a CS-352 (long story, but not the saw's fault), and just picked up a CS-330T on sale. I also have Echo string and hedge trimmers. Echo has become my favorite brand of hand held power equipment.

I have a CS-400 and love it. Had it for about 3 years now and use it quite a bit, no issues (knock on wood)

Ditto. Echo makes very good saws. Some of the Stihl and Husky fans bad mouth the Echos while ignoring the fact that both of the other companies make low end "homeowner" models, which Echo does not do.

I have had a CS-520 for years, recently picked up a s CS-310 that I returned for a CS-352 (long story, but not the saw's fault), and just picked up a CS-330T on sale. I also have Echo string and hedge trimmers. Echo has become my favorite brand of hand held power equipment.
I have a 280E top handle that I received new as a Christmas present from parents 31 years ago.I call it my "micro-howler" ::-)

Its a wee tough beast,barely 8lbs,had all kinds of abuse in that time,dropped 25 ft from a tree one day years ago & started right up.No chainbrake or even a handguard,never had either one.Only about 8000RPM's. But will eat through 10yr old dead White Oak like its nothing with a sharp low profile chain.Dont get used as much now,but still very reliable.Used yesterday for about an hour cutting a big pile of Ash branches that was part of a recent CL scrounge last weekend.

If it ever dies,I'm seriously thinking about a comparable new Echo.They look like a real serious machine.Closest replacement to mine is now 36cc instead of 28,14000RPMs & will handle a 16" b/c.

Reactions: tbuff
have not used it yet, had to go back for Echo 2 stroke oil for warranty requirements. $9/qt, must be good stuff. Thanks for the info

have not used it yet, had to go back for Echo 2 stroke oil for warranty requirements​

They cannot deny you warranty coverage unless they give you that oil for free. Magnuson-Moss Act.
Warrantors cannot require that only branded parts be used with the product in order to retain the warranty.[2] This is commonly referred to as the "tie-in sales" provisions,[3] and is frequently mentioned in the context of third-party computer parts, such as memory and hard drives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act

Have a CS4500 that has cut well over a hundred cord. replaced the starter cord once and one spark plug. All is great, especially since I run a 20" bar on it most of the time. Great saw.

.......but a manufacturer can extend a warranty if you buy their overpriced oil (which I had no problem taking advantage of when I bought my wife her 170 :p)

I haven't had a lot of time using my Echo. My brother used (and somewhat abused it) for a while, but it's great at limbing and I used it a lot last weekend without a hitch.

I have an Echo CS400 and love that machine, nice and light with great power, do yourself a favor and take off those limiter caps and open up that muffler, it will really open that machine up. Also have a larger CS6700 another great saw, not real fast but very nice torque.

Also please be aware and of the mods i've mentioned will void your warranty for sure

I have an Echo CS400 and love that machine, nice and light with great power, do yourself a favor and take off those limiter caps and open up that muffler, it will really open that machine up. Also have a larger CS6700 another great saw, not real fast but very nice torque.

Also please be aware and of the mods i've mentioned will void your warranty for sure

Since you talked about the muffler. My Echo without any muffler mods is quite a bit louder than my Poulan Pro. Is that something other Echo owners have also noticed too?

Since you talked about the muffler. My Echo without any muffler mods is quite a bit louder than my Poulan Pro. Is that something other Echo owners have also noticed too?

Now that you mention it I suppose to some degree it is as I also have a poulan, but the Echo really barks with the muffler mod, I have not done the mod to the Poulan yet, perhaps this summer I will just to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.