Grabbing the Oak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilhelm911

Jan 27, 2013
Eastern Pennsylvania
Hey everyone, its been a very busy summer and I fear that I've fallen behind on my wood. So I'm hittin it hard latey. There is a farm a few miles away where I can cut any dead trees I want, $25 a truckload. I hate spending the money but its not a bad deal. Im getting some real nice oaks out of the woods. So anyway here's a few pictures of what I've been up to lately.
68a05832c8b33a75f64cae9996b23bc7.jpg

497e2c00d88c9f82d26b8e2358e8ae4f.jpg

49b6bc54bf6e1ec4bc9a591cfe4494c7.jpg

7cc6e2b850ef0ac27a27fa0614fdb250.jpg

If you loaded those rounds in your truck by yourself, my hat is off to you. That is exactly the kind/size of rounds I like to collect. What model Stihl are you using, I'm looking to buy a 20" Stihl with at least 70cc.

Loading into a pick up is some big work for those puppies.

Yes, I did load all those rounds by hand. Some of the huge ones I rolled up on a ramp. I love the big rounds. The saw in that picture is a 441 with a 25" bar. I only use it for the big stuff, my main saw is a 310 with an 18" bar which is usually more than enough.

Nice tires on that chevy, what are you running

If I had to pay by the truckload I'd be loading that thing down to the overloads :)

Build yourself some side-boards for the bed out of 2X8 or 2X10 and you can fit quite a bit more on... plus leave the tailgate open and stack a bit in the area that is half on the tailgate and half on the bed of the truck...

Love dem duratracs! Best tire I ever ran.

Status
Not open for further replies.