1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Grand Rapids area pigs.....

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by letsblaze, Nov 14, 2012.

1. letsblaze

letsblaze Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    40 minutes north of Grand Rapids
    Lowes un Big Rapids has pres to logs in stock right now for 175.00 a ton.
    I'm thinking I may just have to go buy a few test bags......mini oink!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. mithesaint

mithesaint Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NW Ohio
    Go for it. I like the Prestos. Good shoulder pellet. I'm jealous. The lowes by me is trying to get 298.50.....for North Americans. I keep waiting for them to get something better, but for some reason that truck load of North Americans seems to be lingering on the shelf...wonder why...
  3. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Presto's were $177/ton here a couple years ago... I snagged 5 ton. Still have a bunch left.

I like them quite a bit. Its what is in both hoppers right now (Fahrenheit and Quad). Quad is purr'ing away on Low right now. But last night and the night before, the Fahrenheit ran. It literally idled all night on level 1 (Pilot/Low). The distribution blower comes on when the air temp reaches 170° and off at 120°… So its off longer for about 10-15 minutes. Then runs for about 5 minutes. On level 2 or higher, the blower stays on constantly. Big fan of the furnace. But its gotta be cold to run it (I only run it in High/Low. Dont want to run it On/Off- Fuelmizer).