Grandma Bear IV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

garfield

Nov 30, 2010
IN
I have a Fisher Grandma Bear IV double glass door wood stove manufactured in 09/1984 which is missing the baffle plate. Can anyone give me the dimensions of the baffle plate? It know it is the width of the stove but need the front to rear dimension and if it is anything but a flat plate. Thanks,

garfield said:
I have a Fisher Grandma Bear IV double glass door wood stove manufactured in 09/1984 which is missing the baffle plate. Can anyone give me the dimensions of the baffle plate? It know it is the width of the stove but need the front to rear dimension and if it is anything but a flat plate. Thanks,

i have a fisher honey bear and i just fabricated a baffle out of angle iron and fire brick (easier to perform maint) much like the one 3/4 down this thread https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/59873/. im not sure if fisher installed baffles in the model you have but one can be made. i would suggest you make one from angle iron and firebrick. you will have to assemble it inside the firebox but i think it took me a total of one hour to make all the cuts, drill the holes, and bolt together in the stove. obviously you want to go the whole width of the stove. now for the length, to be honest i just make it where i wanted it, just shy of half the length. i will have pictures of the baffle soon if you would like some refrence.

Status
Not open for further replies.