Grandpa Bear Fisher

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wood lot

Jan 16, 2014
Wisconsin
Writing as a longtime Fisher user but new to the forum. I have a grandpa bear model which was purchased in 1979 and still remains our primary source of heat. It has all black doors, silver spring handles and exhausts from the top. Doors have the three pine trees on each side, the Fisher name evenly divided, a circled R on the right door, Patent on the left door and Pend on the right. Only other marking is a serial number stamped on the back...5332178. I would appreciate any further insight and history about this stove.
Art
PS.....great site with an amazing amount of information!

All I can add to that is they are Fir trees on the door....... :)

I think you're describing a common one like this;

Grandpa Front short trees.jpg

Depending on where you are in Wisconsin, the probable fabricator would be Fisher Stove Works, Milltown WI 54858. If you want to click on my avatar and "start a conversation" that's a personal message to me, so you can give me a more exact location where it is or came from and I'll look for dealers or distributors that sold in your area.

Coaly..thanks for the information. I checked back through all our records when we built our log cabin and found that we purchased the grandpa bear stove from Somers Equipment/Service Motors in Dale, Wisconsin. Actually found the Fisher advertising piece that came with the stove that confirmed it was made in Milltown, Wisconsin. Again, thanks your help and congratulations on a great site. Would love to find some feet for the stove!

Status
Not open for further replies.