Grandpa Bear Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Jimmy

Apr 29, 2014
Alaska
Hello all,

New to the forum, but have been lurking for a while. Picked up a Grandpa Bear this weekend to put into a cabin and have a few questions after going through all the threads. This one appears to be one of the older models, but it also looks like someone has added a heat shield along the back and bottom of the stove. I just wanted to find out if this is actually original or if it was added later. I haven't seen this one in any image I have seen and it just seems odd that others wouldn't have it. Any info would be great.

Thanks. 056.JPG 057.JPG

Attachments

• 058.JPG
    058.JPG
    272.5 KB · Views: 233
Model VI ;

upload_2014-5-2_8-39-0.png
upload_2014-5-2_8-39-17.png

hi jimmy I was looking out your stove and was wanting to put a shield on mine is the side open on the shield or close and does it connect to back like it sealed on bottom like to see a good pic if I can on how they did it if you could maybe pm me a pic . I post on a grandpa I have and having promble with how high the stove like to make stove shorter.

hi jimmy I was looking out your stove and was wanting to put a shield on mine is the side open on the shield or close and does it connect to back like it sealed on bottom like to see a good pic if I can on how they did it if you could maybe pm me a pic . I post on a grandpa I have and having promble with how high the stove like to make stove shorter.

Henrod, It is enclosed on the sides and is just open at the front on the bottom and at the top on the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.