Granite instead of metal for backplate on Englander Insert ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Corie's lab at the plant looked just fine to me.

Corie said:
I was doing my best Bob D impression, did it work? :p

not quite , but close. you have to clear your throat several times before you finish the sentence ;)

seriously folks , corie is arsehole deep in two projects right now and he is fighting a deadline , im going to "play" with the cast thing myself , possibly enlist his help later with cad stuff. but this thing is just an idea really not even ink on paper yet. hey corie, what do you think about maybe doing a steel copy just to fit it out , i can get that done without the solid works myself , bolt it on a 30 or a 13 i can take skin temps with the p[ortable, i have a flue setup here at the house i just need an excuse to install it in the detached shop (ok , ok , its a garage , but no car is ever gonna be parked in it...wait , why am i worried , he cant read this...) anyway , i'll kick some numbers and see if i can come up with a basic slotted patttern which would allow enough air circulation , thinking 13 now , easier , not as much steel and it wouldnt lift the roof off my garage like a 30 would...

"Don’t make me drag my club down there and give the south its second arse wooping from a Yankee "

hogz, ya better bring 14 clubs , i carry a whole bag of em , but usually its just to beat on little white balls, remember , there will be a cold beer waiting bro

Corie said:
The answer is NO. We're not doing it. No way, no how.

:p

Down the road everyone, this will probably become a project. I already have my marching orders for the next project after my bay pellet stove.

Oh come on! Stove Skins sound great! I'll take a Kokopelli design for my Striker. Make it Eggplant in color, please!

stoveguy2esw said:
"Don’t make me drag my club down there and give the south its second arse wooping from a Yankee "

hogz, ya better bring 14 clubs , i carry a whole bag of em , but usually its just to beat on little white balls, remember , there will be a cold beer waiting bro

HAHAHA, All I got is my old cave club. It woks great on heads, but not so well for golfing. I'd prolly shoot like a triple bogey on every hole and still never finish. :)
Cool on the beer, I'll bring some too, I already know what Corie drinks, and I know where they get the water for it from. Damn silly yuppies. ;)

CountryGal said:
Corie said:

Down the road everyone, this will probably become a project. I already have my marching orders for the next project after my bay pellet stove.

Oh come on! Stove Skins sound great! I'll take a Kokopelli design for my Striker. Make it Eggplant in color, please!

those things are kool! i have a picture of a giant one from arizona in my old computer , i'll have to pull it out and send it to ya.

CountryGal said:
Corie said:

here's your kokopei

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj307/stoveguy2esw/100_0205.jpg

hope you like it, its the biggest one ive ever seen, took this in eastern arizona on the way to flagstaff, just off I-40

Corie said:
Ya know, YUENGLING IS NOT A YUPPY BEEER. DANG IT.
:)
Yes it is. Yuppie and youngins drink that sheet.
Ya preppy ;)

Hogwildz said:
Corie said:
Ya know, YUENGLING IS NOT A YUPPY BEEER. DANG IT.
:)
Yes it is. Yuppie and youngins drink that sheet.
Ya preppy ;)

Back in the 80s, that stuff was dirt cheap and considered the 'sh*t beer' by the locals in Yuengland. Now people think it's a foreign import rather than from a brewery in Pennsylvania coal country. Good marketing sure can change things.

Good beer though!

1. Never drink a beer you can see through - you don't know how many horses got to drink it first!

2. Ultimate "Re-Marketing" story - Marlboro Cigarettes - Originally introduced as "The smoother, gentler smoke for the LADIES" at a time when it was only barely socially acceptable for a woman to smoke, it was a commercial flop. It was pulled from the market for six months, then re-introduced with the same formula, package, etc. as the "Macho Cowboy / Marlboro Man" smoke, and was a big hit... I have a copy of a picture of the original "Marlboro (wo)Man" for the era, she was quite attractive...

Gooserider

stoveguy2esw said:
CountryGal said:
Corie said:

here's your kokopei

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj307/stoveguy2esw/100_0205.jpg

hope you like it, its the biggest one ive ever seen, took this in eastern arizona on the way to flagstaff, just off I-40

Wow! I love it! Whenever I take I-40 back to the midwest, my car can't seem to pass any of the shops. Thank you!

i know what you mean , i ended up buying the girls a crapload of jewelry out there was suprisingly inexpensive, i didnt even haggle, was a great trip. and all my christmas shopping was done "on the clock"

stoveguy2esw said:
corie and i discussed once the idea of hanging a cast iron "shell" ventilated and coated that would allow some thermal mass and still both ventilate to allow heat through and look good at the same time. not sure if its somthing we can do but im convinced it would work well and look fantastic.

This may give you an idea or two.

Attachments

• SPICT0004_600.JPG
    SPICT0004_600.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 151
Status
Not open for further replies.