Gransfors Axe Stone

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the farm we always used a whetstone that we cranked by hand but now I just use an axe file.
images
15797.06706_4.jpg

LLigetfa said:
On the farm we always used a whetstone that we cranked by hand but now I just use an axe file.
images
15797.06706_4.jpg
Just how old are you by the lawn mower i would say 50 but by the the stone turning i would say 100!

More than 50, less than 100. I fail to see where a lawnmower factors in the guesstimate.

LLigetfa said:
More than 50, less than 100. I fail to see where a lawnmower factors in the guesstimate.
just kidding lol howes it going?

This is just to move the thread up (because I'm interested too)......

So has anyone got comments on the Gransfors axe stone?

I have one; the stone itself is good enough, though to be fair lots of folks make decent stones. What makes the Gransfors better than most is the rubber case - it's easier to hold and manipulate than any bare stone I've ever used. It also keeps the stone from getting knicked up or - worse - broken.

Like most of their stuff, it shows intelligent design by folks who actually use it. I grumble every time I pay the Gransfors Tariff, but I'm never disappointed with the product. Guess that's what the old saying "you get what you pay for" means?

Status
Not open for further replies.