Granulco - anybody burning?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

movemaine

Minister of Fire
Nov 28, 2011
Central Maine
movemaine.com
I tend to like Canadian softwoods more than other pellets, but I've never heard of these.

Anybody burning these and can give me their impressions?

Everybody seems to be running out of pellets (my LaCrete's are on backorder, and may be another month or two), and I need to get a ton or two in the house.

Some information I found:
Tech specs: http://seaboardseasonal.com//wp-content/uploads/Granulco-Tech-Sheet.pdf

I found them very similar to LG's if it helps any. Not as clean as the BC stuff, But nice heat. They should do fine in the Harman.

Last edited:
The change in your avatar confused me for a minute.

Thanks, I bought 10 for a test run this week and then will likely order a pallet or two.

Reactions: jtakeman
I have burned about five bags of these, great heat and not too much ash! The ash is weird on these its almost like sand. I picked up 2 ton of these at my local Rona here in Ontario for $224.50 a ton on sale!

I believe i burned em last year during the shortage. local pellet house had em and no others were to be found. they burned ok, not super not bad. middle of the road, but i mostly burn good stuff so they were probably above average.

I burnt the 10 I bought, and they would not be confused for a LaCrete. They probably burned better than what most people consider a middle-of-the-road pellet, but there was still a lot of ash. Definitely not as clean as a LaCrete. I would also say they weren't as good as a Crabbe either.

Since I can't get the LaCrete's I want right now (LaCrete shut down the mill temporarily - WTH?), I've got two 60 bag pallets of Oakies coming - $781 delivered.

Status
Not open for further replies.