Granulco Pellets from Rona here in Ontario

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tails1

Feeling the Heat
Nov 19, 2016
Ajax, Ontario Canada
Rona/Millwork here in southern Ontario (Ajax) just got in some Granulco pellets. They are a Spruce / Balsam Fir mix out of Quebec, and are rated @ 8400BTU. Rated premium for what that is worth. I tried some today and they burn hot and clean. Well sealed bags and very little fines. They are currently going for $4.19 a bag (40LBS) with a 15% discount for buying online and picking up at the store. To get the discount your total before tax must be $150 so I went ahead a bought a ton (short ton)(2000lbs - 50 bags) which came in just under $200 with tax out the door.

They burn hotter then the LGs I was using and I had to turn down my stove so I suspect they will last a bit longer.

http://www.rona.ca/en/wood-pellets-79645000--1?catalogId=10051&langId=-1&storeId=10151

Oh and as this is a proper lumber yard they load them for you too. :D

Last edited:
Your link provided ... might be individual store differences. Switched to the Ajax location and they came up as $4.19.

Your link provided ... might be individual store differences. Switched to the Ajax location and they came up as $4.19.
Yeah that is what I got them for plus 15% off black Friday deal. I should have enough pellets now for the winter. I also have a wood stove in the basement which I use as well so I don't anticipate running out.

Reactions: Lake Girl
Status
Not open for further replies.