Granulco Pellets ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan_J

Hearth Supporter
Dec 23, 2010
Southern NH
Has anyone used Granulco pellets (www.granulco.com) ? They are a Spruce / Balsam Fir mix out of Quebec, and are rated @ 8400BTU. The local Agway is stocking these, and I am considering picking some up, but I can't find any reviews on them. Figure someone on here must have used them and could save me from being the guinea pig...

I am a pellet pig, so I usually buy the new brands to try. From what you described, I would try them. I will be trying some jack pine pellets tonight. No review of these yet either.

I found a supply of them locally, other than myself the only others I've seen mention them on here are the folks in Eastern Canada.

They don't seem to burn too bad for me, seemed to be a reasonable amount of ash. Some of them are VERY long though. I easily found many that were in excess of 2" and more. The length didn't seem to bother my stove much, which is strange since the Cubex I usually burn aren't any longer than 1" or so but my auger always seems to be crunching those up. Not much crunching noise from the Granulco at all.

I have a couple bags left on hand and will try them again to see how they do in the real cold.

I got them for $4.50 a bag if you buy them you will probably have to open up the slide gate and slow your upper feed screw down. They seem to burn alright the heat not bad and the ash isn't to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.