Granules LG evaluation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester

Aug 19, 2008
Seacoast Massachusetts
Morning All,
Im looking at a prebuy for next winter, and I was wondering if anyone here burnt Granules LG?
I wanted to try these and they were sold out of them, quickly so I never got to try them. Anyone got any thoughts or experience with them?
Thanks
Eric

Burn hotter than most....... Has more fines than most........ I burned one ton and would burn them again if the price was right....

we get LG here in canada if you can get lignetics again i would burn them LG where alright but lignetics burned hotter in my stove i have an envirofire fe3

I burned a few bags, burned hot, low ash, I had very little fines in my batch. I would buy them again, if I was guaranteed to get the same quality with low fines I would buy them again for sure, I would rate them as my number one pellet this year.

Jester,

Don't know where you live, but I just purchased 2 bags from Yankee Fireplace, Rte 114, in Middleton, MA, for the ridiculous price of $7.50 a bag, but I too wanted to try them as I am interested in the prebuy from Pelletsales!

I liked them, a very decent pellet, with good heat and little or no fines. I am still holding out for awhile to see if I can get Lignetics at around the same price, but am seriously considering LG, if I can't get Lignetics.

Has anyone else noticed that pelletsales early buy all of a sudden goes up $10 in May then another $10 in June, and another $20 in August.

Do you think we are seeing the lowest pellet prices we will see for next year, right now? I know on some other threads that seems to be the feeling. Any thoughts?

geez countk thats the 2nd worse price per bag i have seen next to one posters 7.99 in california for pellets. highest its been here in canada is 6.99 bag one place stayed 5.49 all winter. one is 5.99.

I burned about 20 bags of them. I liked them. I didn't think they burned all that hot. They have a good amount of fine ash when burning. I believe it is the individuals stove. I have read that many people absolutely love them and others thought they were average. I must say, I haven't read where someone hated them. I have been burning Green Team and Rocky Mountain Pellets. I enjoyed them so much that I bought 1 1/2 tons of them. You should be happy with the LG Granules.

Just recently tried a bag of LG and also a bag of GREEN SUPREME. I have a thermometer in the output of my stove. They both put out same amount of heat and had same amount of fines. During this past winter I had burned Corinth (the older pure pine softwood Corinth) and Armstrong (softwood). The Corinth had a lot of fines, but also had a lot of heat. With the stove set for setting #4, the thermometer would read around 225 degrees on the output of the grill going into the room. I could run the stove on #3 with Corinth, but with the Armstrong pellets I would have to turn the stove up to the #4 (out of 5 ) setting to get the same amount of heat out. Ended up having to mix the Corinth in with the Armstrong to get a decent burn. I understand Corinth doesn't make softwood pellets anymore.
Both the LG and GREEN SUPREME put out as much heat as Corinth and were a lot cleaner. I plan on buying either The LG or GREEN SUPREME for next winter. Depends on pricing. My stoves a St. Croix insert. Ran it 24/7 from mid-October to last week and used 150 bags.

I burned two tons of Granules LG this winter and would buy them again. Since it's my first year, I don't have anything to compare to. Low to moderate ash and no clinkers. Paid $275/ton delivered but with my oil dealer at $1.89 per gal. I'm looking for a lot lower price this year.

I burned a ton and a half of these. I love them. They burned way hotter, my glass stayed cleaner, and my burn pot wasn't filling up like it was with other pellets. I burn a Drolet Eco35. I was getting them for anywhere from $5.80 to $6.00 a bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.