Graphite vs silicone?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cincinnati Kid

Feeling the Heat
Jan 6, 2009
Cincinnati
I just went to Lowes and they had no spray graphite so I purchased spray silicone.

Is it ok to spray silicone in your pellet stove hoppers?

Probably will work OK in some instances as may be interchangeable in some cases,.......... but I cant imagine going to the strip club and fondling and squeezing "graphite implants" :)

I imagine they'd be pretty firm...

johnnycomelately said:
Probably will work OK in some instances as may be interchangeable in some cases,.......... but I cant imagine going to the strip club and fondling and squeezing "graphite implants" :)

Priceless.
I'm running out of room in my signature for any more quotes.
LOL

Hey smoke.....didn't know you were such a fan. I like your sig!

Cincinnati Kid said:
I just went to Lowes and they had no spray graphite so I purchased spray silicone.

Is it ok to spray silicone in your pellet stove hoppers?

Many stove techs recommend the spray graphite for the hopper, did you check the auto parts stores? They have the graphite lock spray that works very well.

johnnycomelately said:
Hey smoke.....didn't know you were such a fan. I like your sig!

Its your avatar picture that does it for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.