Great American Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vintageagain

Apr 22, 2011
Sussex Cty NJ
I've got about 15 bags of Great American Pellets left over from my first heating season with wood pellets back in May 2011. During Winter 2011-2012 i experimented with Turmans and love the low ash so this year i bought Turmans. Every once in a while i'll toss a bag of Great Am Pellets to use them up but they cause the house to smell smoky. As soon as i go back to the Turmans the smell is gone. Weird. Do pellets go bad?

They are stored in my basement (which gets no water in it anywhere) with a piece of cardboard between the first row of pellets and a tall pallet between the cardboard and the basement concrete floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.