GREAT DAY

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greenergrass

Sep 28, 2006
I work with a guy who is in the process of cutting down trees to build a new house. He mentioned I could have all the wood I want. So today I hauled 3 loads and probably 3 more tomorrow. The wood is all oak and maple. It is already cut and FREE!!!

greenergrass said:
I work with a guy who is in the process of cutting down trees to build a new house. He mentioned I could have all the wood I want. So today I hauled 3 loads and probably 3 more tomorrow. The wood is all oak and maple. It is already cut and FREE!!!
Good deal.......
I burn pellets though......Could you scoop up the excess sawdust around the stumps and send them to the nearest pellet company they need all they can get to keep up with demand.. :lol:
Pellets don't grow on trees ya know! :)
Your a newbie right? What kind of stove do ya fire?

Sweet Greenergrass. Bet that made your day! What will the wood be burning in?

Nice. Sounds like you are going to be warm this winter. Enjoy!

Those opportunities don't come alone all that often...take advantage of it to tthe fullest!!!!!

free wood is the best wood!!!! Nice score

I love it when that happens. If you keep putting the word out, it's surprising the amount of wood that is available for the taking. I've gotten so I won't travel more than 15 miles for wood anymore. between clearing lots, homeowners removing trees, etc, Southeastern CT is a scrounger's paradise.

Status
Not open for further replies.