Great deal on a Drolet stove? or....?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machria

Minister of Fire
Nov 6, 2012
Brookhaven, Long Island
Yep, I saw that when I was researchinbg the Enerzone stoves a nearby dealer sells. Any good? (the Drolet that is)

Good value, AFAIK.
Bert(FyreBug) has said that Drolet uses some of the same designs as Osburn or Enerzone but with some cost cutting in the materials. If you want the scoop on that particular model, send him a message.

Drolet makes decent stoves. I haven't heard anything on this model, but it looks like it's a size up from Englander's VL17. could be a decent heater for those that like this style but want a 2 cu ft stove.

Not my taste in stoves but if you like it that's not bad. I bought a Drolet, and to be truly honest, for a "value" line stove the fit, finish, and quality are very good. Actually quite a bit nicer than I expected for what I paid for it. It's just a steel stove and even after a couple years I have no complaints with it. I have not needed any service nor had any issues with it, but it is good to know if I ever do SBI has been good at helping there customers. I would not hesitate to buy another SBI product nor have a problem recommending them to anyone. Machria, if you are buying it just keep in mind it's not a Woodstock PH.

I had an SBI pellet stove, pretty plain jane nothing fancy but it did throw the heat it was supposed to. The only thing I would think about with that northern tool deal is the shipping, once you factor that in you might get a better deal at HD or Tractor Supply.

Englander NC-13 are in some Home depot stores. $649

Depending on what part of Long island your in these stores are some what close to you:

1 at this store :

Thompson #617268 Thompson Square
Monticello, NY 12701
(845) 794-2498

2 at this store:

Honesdale #6956721 Old Willow Ave
Honesdale, PA 18431
(570) 253-3148

1 at this store:

South Southington #62351816 Meriden Wtrby Tpke
Southington, CT 06489
(860) 276-6837

There's a substantial difference in hearth protection and clearance requirements between this stove and the 13NC. I'm hoping we see folks trying out this stove soon. It looks like it could be a good one.

I think that stove may indeed have the same internal guts as a matrix.

Hopefully Fyrebug can join in and let us know. At $699 though that seems like a decent deal!

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.