Great deals on Wood Stoves from Lowes or HD?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It dont hurt to check. Also check different zip codes as some stores have overstock and some do not , and they will usually ship it anywhere in the US

TSC has a 2 CU ft EPA stove they discount to $499 that includes a blower this time of year. Reg price is $599 Its called a Country Hearth 2000 . Spend a few hundred more you can go one bigger with the 2500 model about 2.5 cu ft interior or more yet the big 3000 with the 3 Cu ft interior. I have the 2000 and i like it, but its not for large applications ,id say 1000 Sq ft or 1500 well insulated Sq ft

If you have a Menards they are starting to mark down but nothing like Lowes

You arnt going to find a killer deal, maybe $100 off if your lucky. Your best bet is to get a 20% off coupon for lowes and use it at either store. Only issue with that is you have to use it in the store so you cant buy online.

The stores dont stock a large number of stoves, most only have 1 maybe 2 in stock at most times. Alot of stores have stopped carrying them altogether. As a result the demand is greater than the supply most of the time which equals no major clearance sales. As an example only 1 out of 5 nearby home depots even carries wood stove stuff anymore, they even stoped carrying high temp rtv silicone. Lowes is a little better but i have even noticed them triming down too.

I would just stalk the store supply online and keep checking back frequently for any sales. Good luck in your search but i still think using a lowes coupon is your best bet.

Check the Johnson City, TN Home Depot late Feb./early March for the $659 deal on the Englander 30-NC, which, according to my math, is about a 34% discount on what is considered by many here a great stove. There is also an "Official 30-NC" stove deal thread around here somewhere; it may have the latest and greatest info.

This is how I bought mine last year. It's working great!

Good luck!

The Lowes near me has knocked a bit off their stoves but nothing to write home about unless you are having trouble finding a decent price. They seem to be carrying the Drolet stoves.

I am expecting blowout sales soon as manufacturers liquidate stoves made obsolete by
the new EPA regs. The way I read the regs many of the stoves will be illegal to sell
as new because there is an immediate limit on particulates for newly sold stoves
and then in five years the limit will be even lower.

Good find. Almost half price from Lowe's normal price. Does have mixed reviews on Lowe's site. But most sound like draft problems or wood problems. But im a newbie so I could be wrong. Im going to try and hold out for the 30 NC

If you use 19116 you can get the 2200 Pleasant Hearth stove from Lowes for 679.... How are those? Any feedback?

I remember someone here liked them. Seem to be a good value option. One caveat: Measure the firebox; the sqft ratings seem to be vastly overstated.

Yea I'm holding out for the nc 30 too. Can't beat that 3.5 cubic ft firebox compare to my wimpy 1.7 cu ft. I've learned from here go big or go home!

Hi,
First post. I've been reading and learning a lot.
Is Englander considered a pretty good brand for the money or is it just the 30-NC that people like?

Thanks,

Luke

Hi,
First post. I've been reading and learning a lot.
Is Englander considered a pretty good brand for the money or is it just the 30-NC that people like?

Thanks,

Luke

Yes.

I'm in the market for a 30 NC myself. Read a lot about them and nothing but positive feedback. If anyone comes across a deal please keep me in mind. It would be greatly appreciated.

TSC has a 2 CU ft EPA stove they discount to $499 that includes a blower this time of year. Reg price is $599 Its called a Country Hearth 2000 . Spend a few hundred more you can go one bigger with the 2500 model about 2.5 cu ft interior or more yet the big 3000 with the 3 Cu ft interior. I have the 2000 and i like it, but its not for large applications ,id say 1000 Sq ft or 1500 well insulated Sq ft

Wait for the Englander stoves to go on sale, do not buy the tsc country hearth = waste of money, cheap thin metal stove, no customer support, made in China; Englander in the same price range = excellence, great stove construction, great customer support, made in America.

Based on the timetable for the new EPA regulations being December 2015 for implementation
of phase one, I am thinking there will be hundreds if not thousands of existing inventory
that will be dumped before then that do not meet the new limits required but that DID
meet the old EPA requirements. I think we will see 50, 60 percent and even greater discounts
at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.