Great discovery yesterday about my stove !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gomli

Jan 19, 2015
Ottawa, Canada
Hello all,

I am fairly new to the forums, it's been a great help with my new Pellet Stove purchase and I appreciate all the good advice and thoughts.

So yesterday I'm putting wood in my basement fireplace (rarely turn it on since I got the Pellet stove going upstairs) and finally realised what that knob was at the bottom right of it... it's a shaker knob ! Little did I know that this stove is Multi-fuel and can burn coal as well, actually I think it's primarily made to burn coal. Here's the model found some wicked info on these forums regarding it.

CoalBrookDale Severn : https://www.hearth.com/talk/wiki/coalbrookdale/

Anyways, though I'd share this as I am pretty excited about trying Coal ! Only problem is I don't know if I can get any up here in Ottawa, Ont. If anyone knows please let me know, or if anyone has any tips for burning Coal.

Cheers !
Jo

Cool. You don't see them over here that often. And particularly not in coal country.

Cool. You don't see them over here that often. And particularly not in coal country.

It's a really nice looking Stove. But I've been calling around quite a bit today and I can't seem to find anyone that sells Stove Coal close to my area... Might have to continue with just burning wood. It's a shame as I've heard burning coal is really efficient,easy and cheap hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.