Great idea.........maybe.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie

Minister of Fire
When someone has a rainy day with nothing to do %-P .........what would be wonderful to have in a sticky somewhere that has pictures of all the stoves made from A to Z.........with names of who makes them.

I know, this would be hard to do, I know I would not know where to begin, but wouldn't it be a hoot to be able to scroll down a page and look at nothing but pictures of all the stoves now being made from A to Z, and next to each stove would be a name of the company that makes it.

This would enable the person to do a search for the company and then look at specifics of the stove shown.

Even though I already have a stove, I still like looking at stove pictures.

The reason I don't look at more is because I don't know all the companies that make them.

Another thing, I often hear all these names and qualities of certain stoves, and always wonder what this stove looks like, this would enable me to scroll down on my quick reference page and quickly identify the stove everyone is talking about.

Robbie

Actually ........... not a bad idea .

Hell of an idea...Good for the wiki. Some basic stats along with each pic. Fire box Size, cat or non, MFG stated burn times.

Trick is to get all the pics. I tried a couple (Lopi and Harman yes yes, Craig...I spelled it right this time) and you can save images from the sites. Maybe I'll take a stab at starting the wiki for this.

Warren said:
Hell of an idea...Good for the wiki. Some basic stats along with each pic. Fire box Size, cat or non, MFG stated burn times.

Trick is to get all the pics. I tried a couple (Lopi and Harman yes yes, Craig...I spelled it right this time) and you can save images from the sites. Maybe I'll take a stab at starting the wiki for this.

Why do we need to do that? I thought the PE Summit is 120% efficient, never requires any maintenance, and cooks you breakfast in the morning - why list any other stoves? :) (just kidding folks...)

Seriously, one thing that may be important to do is to only include statistics generally accepted to be relevant to good decision making, like firebox size, materials of construction, catalyst (yes or no), but exclude things like efficiency, burn times and square feet heated since those are known to be highly misleading at best and are too dependent on test conditions.

-Colin

Warren said:

The Wiki is great for older stove models and brands. Newer ones can be found at the EPA site, as well as at the HPBA site, under Manufacturers...... http://www.hbpa.org

Webmaster said:
The Wiki is great for older stove models and brands. Newer ones can be found at the EPA site, as well as at the HPBA site, under Manufacturers...... http://www.hbpa.org

Never built a fire in a horse before.

There is a lot of good info. in the links provided, thanks.

You know when you go car shopping, you always look at cars and the one the you like the looks of most is the one you stop and ask about. This is what I thought would be cool........if we had a pictorial list of stoves from A to Z, then a name of the company that makes it somewhere close.

I also realize this would be hard to keep up with because of yearly model changes.

I often see names, Jotul, Avalon, Lopi, etc. but the only stove I know is the one I have in my home. I often go to stove sites just to look at the pictures, if I like the looks, then I search for specifics such as BTU, ratings etc.

I could be wrong, but I bet 99.9% of people on these forums look at a picture of a stove before they check specifics.

Just a thought, I'm not even sure it could be done because of copy right laws etc. unless you contacted the company first to ask if you could use some pictures on a stove forum.

Robbie

Status
Not open for further replies.