Great install pic...........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GAWD!!! what a train wreck! note the missing leg on the back right , just below the side door that appears to be falling off. propped up by a brick standing on end it looks like... looks like "little house on the prairie" meets "sanford and son"

In the late 50's and early 60's a rancher's wife down in Texas known to all as Miz Sadie cooked the finest meals I have ever eaten on a rig that looked just like that and installed pretty much just like it. They heated the ranch house with a pot belly and she cooked the damndest biscuits you ever put in your mouth on that stove along with fried chicken that was to die for. It was rumored that they were the richest people in the county but they lived as simply as it gets.

In 1962 her husband Roy came home from town in a new 1962 Ford Fairlane. She marched him right back out to that car and into town they went. The next week her new propane gas range was delivered and installed.

Those biscuits never did taste the same.

hey , i believe it , my grandmother cooked on a wood stoked stove right up til her passing in 1981. cast iron on a wood fire stove is a lost art ( or coming close to being that way) but granny holton was rembrandt on the wood cookstove, when i was young and foolish i had asked her why did she cook on the stove she had to put wood into , she politely told me "cause them newfangled buttons and dials were too hard to mess with" but im here to tell ya , Bobby Flay wouldnt want to "throw down " with her, she could cook a brick and make it melt in your mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.