Great "limber"? ...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have nothing against multiple saws...the more the merrier. But I am on a one saw plan for a reason. I don't want another something that I have to drag into the woods, drag out of the woods, sharpen, clean, maintain, etc. I'd rather have one saw that can tackle just about any job the average firewood cutter is going to run across.

Wait a second...you have that saw too....;)

If my body couldn't handle it, then I might change my tune...but that would probably be to hang up my wood cutting spurs.

I have nothing against multiple saws...the more the merrier. But I am on a one saw plan for a reason. I don't want another something that I have to drag into the woods, drag out of the woods, sharpen, clean, maintain, etc. I'd rather have one saw that can tackle just about any job the average firewood cutter is going to run across.

Wait a second...you have that saw too....;)

If my body couldn't handle it, then I might change my tune...but that would probably be to hang up my wood cutting spurs.

Everyone's situation is different. I have never had to go into the woods for firewood. Everything I get I can get close to with my pickup truck and my feeling is as long as I have room I am taking what ever I I can fit because I would rather not use a tool I have then not have the tool I need. I bought the smaller ms 180 because I felt it would be easier on my back for a lot of the cutting I do. After trying the one saw approach I and then using the smaller saw on my last scrounge I know I made a smart choice for my needs.

Reactions: MasterMech
Status
Not open for further replies.