Great News ***Effecta 60KW headed for Alaska***

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NP ALASKA

Burning Hunk
Feb 3, 2008
North Pole, ALASKA
Well i did it. Sent the money this morning. (Paid in full)

Effecta 60KW, 30KW pellet option (multi fuel wood or pellet)
Lots of extras(controls, pellet hopper 720L, Auger system)
Plus 2-500 gallon tanks and 1- 250 gallon tank (1250 gallons of storage when burning wood and 250 buffer tank for pellet burning)
I was amazed at the shipping, Biran did a great job in finding affordable shipping up here.

I believe this will be the first Effecta in the state welcome anyone to view it once installed.

I figure to be working installation in June.

This should take care of the 4800 sq ft it will be housed in.

Had to sell the horse to finnace this!! HAHA just kidding.

Regards, Morgan

Yeah, but who would vacuum?

awesome. I'm hoping to get to AK this summer, but probably not that far north.
I'm really interested to hear your impressions of the pellet burner and it's boiler interface. we have an effecta 35kw sitting in the shop, and are impressed with the build quality, and the fit and finish. nicer than we see in almost any product that we deal with these days. it has that solid, chunky, but streamlined sort of aesthetic. the little details like the plasma cut handles, the angled corners on the front, the protective grate over the stepper motors and air shutters are all nice little touches that they could have gotten away without, and saved a few bucks.

you usually get what you pay for, but you always pay for what you get.

karl

Congrats ! That should keep you busy for a little while. Hopefully It makes the long trip in good shape.

Boarding and grooming facility

NATE379 said:
Curious what kind of buisness you have?

if you'd waited till winter, they could ship it via dogsled the short way!.

NATE379 said:
Uh, it's still winter here ;-)

It's still winter here but supposed to be 75 degree highs all week.

I bet you will be exited to see that truck pull in with the effecta heat system. We have installed 2- 35kw effecta 1000 gal tank systems, one at my house and one at my daughters house , works great! I would like to know how the 60 works, we are going to install one at our auto body shop, this fall "should be good'' what is your shipping time? that's a long hall! hope every thing goes as planded. It is sure worth the envestment. GAS @ FUEL OIL is going up so fast we need to do somthing soon! Send us picks as soon as you can, we love to see progress, and you will find Brian is great to work with !!! This effecta is as good as Green wood burning gets....
Bill

I will be extremely excited when it comes and wait with frett and stress for thenext 2 months.

I cant wait to see how the pellet gun keeps up and then how the wood performs with 1250 gallons of storage.

Just enough room in front of the garage for the system and can still park inside.

Life is good

Well i did it. Sent the money this morning. (Paid in full)

Effecta 60KW, 30KW pellet option (multi fuel wood or pellet)
Lots of extras(controls, pellet hopper 720L, Auger system)
Plus 2-500 gallon tanks and 1- 250 gallon tank (1250 gallons of storage when burning wood and 250 buffer tank for pellet burning)
I was amazed at the shipping, Biran did a great job in finding affordable shipping up here.

Well done, Morgan! Look forward to hearing how it goes and some pics, too. Next time I am in North Pole, will have to take a look! :)

Barrett

Well done, Morgan! Look forward to hearing how it goes and some pics, too. Next time I am in North Pole, will have to take a look! :)

Barrett

Anytime, just let me know.

Went and purchased a quality concrete floor paint. I decided I was going to make this as pretty of an install as I can. I will add photos as I go along. Still have to move 4wheeler out to shop and prep the floor before painting. Cant leave the garage door open yet as it is still pretty cold at night. The fumes from the paint will be overwhelming. I decided on a grey epoxy floor paint. Hope it turns out good.

Also I am stacking tanks, should a put a 1/2 inch steel plate down to distribute the weight? I did not build the house and am not sure how thick the concrete floor is. Any thoughts??

Best regards, Morgan

Effecta 60KW, 30KW pellet option
I see the pellet option doesn't put out what the cord wood does. Will that be an issue for your heat loads?
Wonder why that is?

This is 205K BTU by wood with excess BTU's being stored in 1250 gallons of thermal mass. The pellet option is 30K which is 103K BTU with a 250 gallon buffer tank, my oil boiler is 120K BTU. In negative 50 weather the oil boiler keeps up so in that type weather I can switch to wood easy enough.

Good catch thatnks for the insight, I had alot of thought about this same thing and after looking at the buffer tank operation it evened out.

Thanks again

The pellet option would be a good one for the shoulder season as well as DHW in summer if you so choose.

I am hoping I can run pellets as often as possible for a year or two. This will lighten my work load, as I am still going to be using the OWB for atleast a year. I am forced into this as I can not afford to put two gassers into action in the same year.
But if I have to burn wood for the 2 coldest months of the year that should work out fine. I plan to put up 10 full cord split and stacked in the next month. this should supplement for the next 2 years I think.

When is the expected arrival date ?

Do you have bulk pellet delivery up there?

Do you have bulk pellet delivery up there?
We do not have bulk delivery yet. There is a new local pellet plant that started about 2 years ago.
Quality is gettting better, but as for now I will be buying from box stores and loading 1500# hopper by hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.