Great pellet dealer in Southern NH

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChandlerR

Minister of Fire
Jan 28, 2009
Hampton, NH
Once a week or so I check Craigslist for anything pellet related. You never know when someone is giving away a pellet stove! I saw an ad for pellets and checked it out. It's called McManus Fuels. The company is a small one run out of the guys house. He sells LG's only. His prices are better than any of the local companies around here. He has them on sale for $269 a ton. If you live within 18 miles of Barrington, there is free delivery in April and May.
I talked to him for quite a while and asked him if I could stop by and grab a bag or two to try. When I got there this morning to pick up the bags, he told me that there would be no charge. I had told him about my partner at work who also burns pellets and he gave me two bags for him as well. He is knowledgeable and very nice to talk to.
Last year was his first full year in business and he sold 400 tons. He has no advertisement budget and relys soly on word of mouth.

Just a heads up on a local business...
His website is;
http://www.mcmanusfuels.com/Henry.html

Hey Chan,

Nice to find a close dealer and a good one at that. Too bad he only carry's one brand. Tell him variaty is the spice of live! And steer him towards some Okies(good contact for BTU!) and sum Cubbies! Maybe some Barefoots. Those brands will get them people rushing to his door(if the price is right)!

Let us know how them LG's burn for you. I haven't been able to get them in a few years now. But they were good when I could get them! Definetly an upper tier pellet!

Takecare!
jay

Jay, his pellet business is his second job...He operates a repair garage and does the pellets and coal as a side job. In talking to him, I got the feeling that he would like to grow the fuel business so maybe he would think about adding a brand or two. He certainly knew all about LG's...how they make them, where they get their wood, ect.

When I got home, I emptied the hopper, vacuumed it out and gave the stove a quick cleaning. The LG's are in and burning as I type. Stove is on low, low and I show 135 degree air coming out of the heat exchanger....About the same as the Okies. I'll report back tomorrow after a 24 hour burn.

Chan

After burning the LG's for almost 24 hours, I would rate them as a good..but not great, pellet. After the first half hour of burning, the discharge air temps, on low, settled down to 125 degrees. Because it wasn't that cold, the stove stayed on low for most of the night. They burn very clean. No, and I mean no soot on the glass. Very little ash but not nearly as much heat as the Okies or Cubex. Would I buy them? Probably not unless I had no other choice. They are more expensive than the Okies so it's an easy decision for me.
All that said, every stove is different. These are just the results for my stove.

Henry McManus of McManus Fuels asked me to email him with my opinion. He told me to be honest and I will. Very impressive guy with good business sense. I will also suggest he carry other quality brands...

Chan

CWR said:
Henry McManus of McManus Fuels asked me to email him with my opinion. He told me to be honest and I will. Very impressive guy with good business sense. I will also suggest he carry other quality brands...

Chan

Henry is a great guy. There were several people this past winter
that stayed warmer than they would have, had it not been for
someone's "help"...

Also, you should visit his site again as he DOES now
carry both LG, and Okanagan, as well as Blaschak, and Kimmel bagged coal.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.