Great people in this world!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pt0872

Oct 8, 2006
Carver, Mass
I was on a road trip Mon-Wed. My wife said our pellet stove (whitfield Prodigy) crapped out on us on Tuesday.

My furnace isnt working well either so no heat in the house.

My wife and young children have been staying at her brothers house all week.

Found a few stoves on craigslist and sent out emails.....

Got ahold of a guy selling a Harman Accenture 2 for 1800.00 I had about 1500 to spend.

Told him my situation and what I had, he called back and said 1500 is fine....they wanted to help in any way they can.

These people got my family one of the best stoves around for a price I could afford and they took a massive hit in the wallet.

They didnt care about the money....they cared that my family was staying away from home and I havent seen my children all week.

Everytime I think "people suck" I have to remember....there's good in this world.

My family is on their way home now....and I'm taking them out for a nice dinner.

I really missed my children.

Glad to hear your story had a happy ending.....there are some really good people in the world.

Don't forget to post some pics of the new stove install.

I also am glad for the happy ending. There is good in this world.
Enjoy the dinner with the kids.
Stay warm !

What a very happy ending!! I know that had to restore your faith in your fellow man.

I'm happy for you and the family, pt0872! Enjoy the warmth!

Like imacman said, send pics!! or else it didn't happen.

That is a good story. And I agree with you about good people in the world. Looks to me like good people are the majority. I think I have been brainwashed by the media folks and need to tone down the suspicion and critical attitude.

pt0872 said:
I was on a road trip Mon-Wed. My wife said our pellet stove (whitfield Prodigy) crapped out on us on Tuesday.

My furnace isnt working well either so no heat in the house.

My wife and young children have been staying at her brothers house all week.

Found a few stoves on craigslist and sent out emails.....

Got ahold of a guy selling a Harman Accenture 2 for 1800.00 I had about 1500 to spend.

Told him my situation and what I had, he called back and said 1500 is fine....they wanted to help in any way they can.

These people got my family one of the best stoves around for a price I could afford and they took a massive hit in the wallet.

They didnt care about the money....they cared that my family was staying away from home and I havent seen my children all week.

Everytime I think "people suck" I have to remember....there's good in this world.

My family is on their way home now....and I'm taking them out for a nice dinner.

I really missed my children.
Just mean people suck. Pellet people are Great. They understand

More than anything, It makes me feel good to hear a man say he missed his family. Good dads are far more important than most people realize I think.

Is the new stove is up and running yet? If so, I'm happy for you. If not yet, I'll be happy for you when it is.

Nice! Thanks for sharing! I'd give ya rep if this forum
had it available. Enjoy the new stove and a big wave
from about an hour North of ya!

Thanks all....

Stove is up and running....actually 74 in the house right now on the first setting.

Did I say already? I LOVE THIS STOVE!!!!!

My old stove, a Whitfield prodigy is still here....to the guy that offered $100.00 come and get it.

I'm sure you could part it out for more than that.

My family is home, they're happy and so am I.

Kids are playing Mario Kart right now.....and I'm sleeping better at night knowing their in their own beds.

pt0872 said:
Thanks all....

Stove is up and running....actually 74 in the house right now on the first setting.

Did I say already? I LOVE THIS STOVE!!!!!

My old stove, a Whitfield prodigy is still here....to the guy that offered $100.00 come and get it.

I'm sure you could part it out for more than that.

My family is home, they're happy and so am I.

Kids are playing Mario Kart right now.....and I'm sleeping better at night knowing their in their own beds.

I thought you said is was a quest? Sorry, ill pick up a prodigy for free but for various reason would have a hard time reselling it. A quest will sell much easier. Do you have a quest or prodigy?

EDIT: sorry, I am a dumbass. You put prodigy in your OP. Ill get rid of it for you if you want but cannot buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.